OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
You know, ever since the Snow Must Go billboard went up we've got 3 snow storms. Just saying.

Reactions: Bones45

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You know, ever since the Snow Must Go billboard went up we've got 3 snow storms. Just saying.

Which makes you wonder...

Does the average citizen who has no idea about the Islanders think that a few rich people are just very upset with the weather recently?

Reactions: SteveH124

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
It’s amazing how crazy people get. I went to the store just to grab some beers. The place was packed with people and the shelves were wiped out.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
It’s amazing how crazy people get. I went to the store just to grab some beers. The place was packed with people and the shelves were wiped out.

I mean, snow is a great excuse to buy wine and make an amazing meal and not go out side or change out of PJs..... So I get wanting to have 'your list'.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
That might actually be warranted on Cape Cod... they're going to get absolutely crushed in eastern Massachusetts

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Suffolk is getting clobbered by 2 bands of heavy snow. Nassau...basically over.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

That might not be (just) because of demand. Shipping and distribution networks have been screwed up for some time. There are backups everywhere.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
That might not be (just) because of demand. Shipping and distribution networks have been screwed up for some time. There are backups everywhere.
I’m thinking it was relat dnti the storm. I was there on a Monday afternoon. It was a mad house. You may be right though. The weather has been affecting everything across the country.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Queens got a dusting. They big wet snowflakes were coming down around 7;30am. Since 9am it’s been light flurries and stopped around 10.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Got about 9-10" on our deck, 9 on my car and 6 on the driveway. That big slow-moving band meant serious business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad