Setoguchi to miss development camp....

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
How is he injured? Something happen as he was training? I hope he's on the show!

Haha, well you can count him out of the show, talked to him today and he barely had a voice....must have strep throat or something.

Anyway from what I could make out, his knee is bothering him, but he said he plans on being ready to go this season and hopefully still make the WJC team.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Like Jeff Carter a couple years ago, Setoguchi was born on New Year's Day, meaning he made the eligibility requirements by one day. If he makes the team, he will lead Team Canada in goals. He's that good of a goal scorer.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Setoguchi is injury prone and overrated.

Sorry, just wanted to get it out of the way now, instead of waiting till page 3 ;)

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Bah! He's still better than that hack Anze Kopitar that Los Angeles has... I mean, what kind of hockey player is from slovenia? ;)

wow is this the start of a setoguchi vs kopitar ???
personally i vote for kopitar's long range potential.
there were reasons sutter didnt give him a december invite, now that sutter isnt running the show he has a better chance.

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
Setaguchi was invited to the december camp. When has he missed games do to injury? It will be interesting to see Kopitar and Seto go head to head.

X-SHARKIE

I wanted Kopitar very very bad at 8th when we moved up, him and O'Marra. Since then though, in the games i've seen of Saskatoon, Devin has made me a believer that he was worth the 8th overall selection and is up there with Kopitar and O'Marra. Not saying he's better but it wasn't a bad pick by any means.

Setoguchi isn't injury prone..I think he was just be sarcastic.

With the Ekman trade he has a shot at making the Sharks this year possibly too.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Setaguchi was invited to the december camp. When has he missed games do to injury? It will be interesting to see Kopitar and Seto go head to head.

Yeah he was. Dunno why he didn't make the team but it's all academic now that Canada won the gold that year. Next year's canadian crop will be close to unstoppable with only the Americans posing as a serious threat. We didn't have Brule last year and we still clobbered the opposition. Can't wait for next year.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
wow is this the start of a setoguchi vs kopitar ???
personally i vote for kopitar's long range potential.
there were reasons sutter didnt give him a december invite, now that sutter isnt running the show he has a better chance.

Oh god, I was being sarcastic. You see the winking smiley at the end of my post? That's my way of saying that I'm responding in kind to King's Pawn's obviously shot at HFboards tendency (which was also conveyed via sarcasm, hence the winking smiley in his post too).

I love Kopitar. When San Jose traded up to #8 I was giddy that it meant we were taking Kopitar. When DW selected Setoguchi I was flabbergasted at the time. I've changed my outlook since then, but that doesn't mean I dislike Anze.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Oh god, I was being sarcastic. You see the winking smiley at the end of my post? That's my way of saying that I'm responding in kind to King's Pawn's obviously shot at HFboards tendency (which was also conveyed via sarcasm, hence the winking smiley in his post too).

I love Kopitar. When San Jose traded up to #8 I was giddy that it meant we were taking Kopitar. When DW selected Setoguchi I was flabbergasted at the time. I've changed my outlook since then, but that doesn't mean I dislike Anze.

Don't lie, I know you're just a Kopitar hater. I made a perfectly innocent joke about HFBoards jumping to conclusions because of one minor incident, and you turn this thread into a flame war! Shame on you! How could you?

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) <---- for the humor impaired

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
dannobran get your facts straight setoguchi was invited to the december camp, but as we know he didn't make the team anyways.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
dannobran get your facts straight setoguchi was invited to the december camp, but as we know he didn't make the team anyways.

provide a link then.
as i recall he was left off the december invite roster then went on a tear in the whl before the xmas break.he was invited to the summer camp but not the december camp.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
It takes two seconds to research before posting out your butt.

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/press.php?f_action=news_detail&news_id=7251

sorry my apologies i mixed up the summer non invite with the december invite, but i was correct about him tearing up the scoreboard for a bit before the christmas break though right ? also i have heard rumours on the whl site that he could be traded to vancouver should he be returned this year to replace some offense that will be missing now that brule wont be back.and they host the memorial cup, so it would make sense to load up and sell a bit of the future for a cup run. is there any truth to the possible seto to the giants ?

Transported Upstater

What are Setoguchi's chances of making "Los Tiburones" next season?

I'm wondering that if he does make it, would SJ lend him to the junior team, like what Minnesota did with Bouchard a few years ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad