Seth Jones vs John Klingberg

Who is the better defencemen

• Total voters

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I’d have to take Jones here. Klingberg might be having the better season, but if I had the choice of any of them going forward I would take Jones and it’s not even that tough of a decision for me. I’ve been pretty high on him since he was a prospect and I think he’ll turn out to be the best all-around guy out of these players. Parayko and Lindholm don’t have his offensive skillset, while Klingberg and Gostisbehere aren’t as solid defensively.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As a Stars fan I feel the need to pick Klingberg...but Jones is a legitimate choice here and I understand why anyone would pick him. Will never have the offensive ability and vision of Klingberg, but his defending is outstanding and better than Klingberg's and he will still put up some points for sure and should be good for 40-55+ points.

I would take Jones over any of the other guys though. Idk why but he reminds me of a bigger Roman Josi, and I'm a huge Roman Josi fan.

Klingberg though will continue to develop his defensive game and after Karlsson/Burns he is the best offensive dman in the league, and he's likely to become an elite 2-way dman.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Now:

Klingberg
Jones/Lindholm

Parayko/Ghost

Future:

Jones
Klingberg/Lindholm
Parayko
Ghost

Voted Jones

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Ghost is criminally underrated because people assume he isn't good defensively, which has been blatantly false this year.

Jones
Ghost
Klingberg

Lindholm
Parayko

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I’d have to take Jones here. Klingberg might be having the better season, but if I had the choice of any of them going forward I would take Jones and it’s not even that tough of a decision for me. I’ve been pretty high on him since he was a prospect and I think he’ll turn out to be the best all-around guy out of these players. Parayko and Lindholm don’t have his offensive skillset, while Klingberg and Gostisbehere aren’t as solid defensively.
You can't lump ghost And Klingberg together when it comes to defense. One is good at it, the other isn't.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You can't lump ghost And Klingberg together when it comes to defense. One is good at it, the other isn't.

If you're implying Klingberg isn't good defensively, you're wrong. I would take Klingberg over Gostisbehere anyday.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'll take the dman who is on the ice for more goals for his team than any other dman in the entire league.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

I'll take the dman who is on the ice for more goals for his team than any other dman in the entire league.

In a pure offensive system, hes a +12 on a +22 team, -10 team adjusted. Ghost is a +10 on a +6 team, a team adjusted +4. And every defensive stat metric looks poor for Klingberg

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
[mod] Klingberg is well below average defensively

I think I'd know he is good defensively considering I've seen every single game of Klingberg's career and have seen his improvement over the years. You're in no position to judge how good he is defensively. My brother is a huge Flyers fan so before you say anything about me not seeing Gostisbehere play, just know I watch nearly every Flyers game. He is good, yes. In terms of offense + defense though, Klingberg is better and way more important to his team. You're a Hawks fan, and really not in a position to judge either player. Also, if a defenseman can contribute so much offensively and constantly help generate goals for his team while keeping the other team from scoring, that's the most important defense there is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Also, offensively there basically a wash.

Klingberg: 57GP, 7G, 45A( a shit ton secondary) for 52 points. .91 PPG

Ghost 54 GP, 10G, 35A, 45 points .84 PPG

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I think I'd know he is good defensively considering I've seen every single game of Klingberg's career and have seen his improvement over the years. You're in no position to judge how good he is defensively. My brother is a huge Flyers fan so before you say anything about me not seeing Gostisbehere play, just know I watch nearly every Flyers game. He is good, yes. In terms of offense + defense though, Klingberg is better and way more important to his team. You're a Hawks fan, and really not in a position to judge either player. Also, if a defenseman can contribute so much offensively and constantly help generate goals for his team while keeping the other team from scoring, that's the most important defense there is.

You don't watch ghost and your weak attempt to qualify your brother proves that. Clearly you're biased for your guy, you can't even admit he's not good defensively which is hilarious

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also, offensively there basically a wash.

Klingberg: 57GP, 7G, 45A( a **** ton secondary) for 52 points. .91 PPG

Ghost 54 GP, 10G, 35A, 45 points .84 PPG

Okay so take away their secondary points...oh look Klingberg still leads

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You don't watch ghost and your weak attempt to qualify your brother proves that. Clearly you're biased for your guy, you can't even admit he's not good defensively which is hilarious

Provide evidence that I don't watch him play. My brother literally lives in Pittsburgh and is a huge Philly fan because his roommate likes the Pens...you can't just deny that when you don't even know me lmao..

You're acting like I hate Gostisbehere lol I love Ghost he's one of my favorite dmen outside of Dallas, and yes he is very good and Philly is lucky to have him, but trying to argue he is better than Klingberg (you're a Hawks fan, and clearly don't watch either team play you just assume because Klingberg is better offensively that he is worse defensively, which is obviously a ridiculous claim that happens too often towards offensive dmen) is just dumb. Klingberg is the next Karlsson. Like it or not. I still remember people like you used to trash Karlsson defensively. I'm done here. And by the way, yes Klingberg used to be awful defensively. You'd be surprised how much he has improved this year. Maybe watch him play. You probably shouldn't bother responding because I won't see your response

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I feel like Parayko is the outlier here and not saying he's a bad defenseman, just isn't on the other players level IMO.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Provide evidence that I don't watch him play. My brother literally lives in Pittsburgh and is a huge Philly fan because his roommate likes the Pens...you can't just deny that when you don't even know me lmao..

You're acting like I hate Gostisbehere lol I love Ghost he's one of my favorite dmen outside of Dallas, and yes he is very good and Philly is lucky to have him, but trying to argue he is better than Klingberg (you're a Hawks fan, and clearly don't watch either team play you just assume because Klingberg is better offensively that he is worse defensively, which is obviously a ridiculous claim that happens too often towards offensive dmen) is just dumb. Klingberg is the next Karlsson. Like it or not. I still remember people like you used to trash Karlsson defensively. I'm done here. And by the way, yes Klingberg used to be awful defensively. You'd be surprised how much he has improved this year. Maybe watch him play. You probably shouldn't bother responding because I won't see your response
I don't think Klingberg is better than Ghost offensively, they're even.

Ghost scores more goals, klingberg gets more secondary assist. Defensively it's not even debatable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->