Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So as an out of towner, I believe that all the games are simulcast (for the first round at least) on one of the NBC channels?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah that would suck. I'll most likely be late to the Mets game, but that's alright

I remember actually going TO a Devils game from a Mets game back to back (or reverse) a few years back, still don't remember how or why - I think I just wanted to do the all-day marathon for the heck of it cause I wound up with tickets to both, I just remember it was late in the Devils' season.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So as an out of towner, I believe that all the games are simulcast (for the first round at least) on one of the NBC channels?

Yes all games on either NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA or NHL Network in round one nationally. MSG+ in NJ (though I believe the NBC feed will still be available.

Looking at the schedule Game 1 will likely be on NHL Network though

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tampa has SEVEN 20 goal scorers. Only a complete & focused attention to playing thoughtful, TEAM DEFENSE will win this series.

That said, I think they can do it.

The Devils will be huge underdogs, but I think the Devils style of play will seriously annoy Tampa.

I'm going Devils in 7 games (fingers crossed).

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Tampa's PK is horrendous but their PP is lethal

Special teams are going to be key. They absolutely have to stay out of the box.

Our special teams really helped out down the stretch. If they can keep it rolling into the playoffs, that would give us an immense boost.

Also good to know about their PK. our speed is always a threat to draw calls

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
This will be a good series and will go at least 6 games. We can compete with anybody. Our guys can also play looser than Tampa, all the pressure is on them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Most important players for the devils will be Pavel Zacha as 2c and Will Butcher on D. We are going to need maximum offense this series.

We will need everyone to step up and chip in .

And Kink has to continue to where he left off down the stretch.

Reactions: glenwo2

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
TV Schedule for games 1-4 nationally

Game 1: NHL Netowrk
Game 2: NBC
Game 3: CNBC
Game 4: GOLF Network!!!

I don't think it is a good sign if the first possible elimination game is on Golf Network

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
TV Schedule for games 1-4 nationally

Game 1: NHL Netowrk
Game 2: NBC
Game 3: CNBC
Game 4: GOLF Network!!!

I don't think it is a good sign if the first possible elimination game is on Golf Network

Aside from Game 2 we will have our broadcasts on msg+ I hope?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Most important players for the devils will be Pavel Zacha as 2c and Will Butcher on D. We are going to need maximum offense this series.
We should definitely keep a great transition defenseman with 9 even strength goals on the bench against the most powerful offensive team in the league though. That much is clear. That will increase our odds of beating Tampa.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I remember actually going TO a Devils game from a Mets game back to back (or reverse) a few years back, still don't remember how or why - I think I just wanted to do the all-day marathon for the heck of it cause I wound up with tickets to both, I just remember it was late in the Devils' season.

I thought all Met fans were Ranger fans

I rarely see Met/Devil fans. Although the Yankee/Rags fan combo is pretty common.

I feel like all Met, Ranger, Jet and Knick fans have to stick together since they are all equally as mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->