Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

Who wins this series?

• Total voters

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Im hoping we get at least Muzzin back. Think we can survive with one of Gravel / Ladue in the lineup but not both.

Reactions: The Pale King

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings in 5 if they play good. 4 if great. In 6/7 if decent.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Reaves gonna be like
tenor.gif

Reactions: KingTrouty

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Very hard to make a prediction. Sharks I know, Ducks I know. Golden Knights I have no idea. Gonna be tough to handle their forecheck down two d-men, that I also know.

Hoping for Kings in five? But could just as easily be Knights in five for all I know.

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Going to be extremely difficult without Muzzin. Going to need some help from Vegas, we need to hope they slow down their line-up and insert Reaves to give us a few extra PP's a game. That, or hope that they really are Cinderella, and the clock is about to strike midnight. Kings have the much better top end talent, but the injuries, disappearance of secondary scoring from the forwards, and overall inconsistency makes the Kings no sure thing at all

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
And Forbort. I bet we get both Iafallo and Muzzin back before the series is over.

Oh yeah forgot about him, sucks cause his game was finally improving. :/

I think we get both back around game one except forbort is probably out late playoffs

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sharks fan here coming in piece - I will be cheering for you guys every night. f*** the Golden Knights! I am so sick of this "great story" and can't wait for it to be over.

It looks like we might have both made the proper call in Rock Paper Scissors for our first round series. In this regular season, we have matched up very well against Anaheim, yet we have struggled badly with Vegas. To my knowledge, you guys have matched up very well against Vegas - not sue how you've done against Anaheim. Feels like we both got the more ideal matchup in the first round even if neither of us got home ice.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Pretty cut and dry. We know what's going to sink the Kings should they lose.

-Quick can't let in those soft goals.
-The play in their own zone, both forwards and defensemen, needs to get better. I know they have the Jennings and all that, but this has hardly been a lock it down team. That might be because they've had to play from behind so often.
-Toffoli, Kempe, Pearson, and Iafallo if he plays, have to do something. Kopitar, Brown, and Carter will score only so many goals over a 4-7 game series. Iafallo had 3 goals since Feb 7th. Kempe hasn't scored at all since Feb 7th. Toffoli and Pearson didn't do much down the stretch. Somebody has to wake up.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Not making predictions at all. Kings just have to step up and play playoff hockey the way they know how.

Fluery is a solid goalie. Quick is gonna have to elevate his game once again. Vegas's speed is worrisome. I'm hoping that the old adage about defense comes through for LA this series.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The main reason why I wanted to play the Knights is that I feel we would have the better matchups over the ourse of a 7 game series. While William Karlsson has had a tremendous season, can he raise he level to match Kopitar? The Knights don't have a defensemen of Doughty's calibre. The closest they have in terms of a star player would be Fleury vs Quick, but Fleury has been hit or miss in the playoffs the last couple years. And having Carter back and healthy will make a big difference as well. Obviously the only thing I'm worried about is the injuries to Muzzin and Forbort. I have a feeling Iafallo will be back by game 1 as he was only listed day-to-day. But having Forbort and Muzzin being out is really going to test our defensive depth and will probably get us in trouble. I think the Knights will come out flying out of the gates, but I think as the series goes along we'll start to regain control and win in 6.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Well nice to see the doom and gloom people wrong and we made it. I think we match up well against vegas. The key to this will be toffoli Pearson Kempe Iafallo If they step up we will win in 6 Also expect a great series from Dion He is going to be the key Him stepping up with some big minutes would help with forbort and muzzin possibly out Now i wonder if we win this series i ll get to see some of them step up and say they were wrong i doubt it but i can hope they man up.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I’m hoping for a split the first two games and coming home tied 1-1. Vegas is so dangerous because of all the emotion that has gone into that franchises history. The first 5 minutes of game 1 are going to be a storm the Kings will have to weather. If the Kings are to win on the road, I’m expecting them to play low scoring, defensive games which means they were able to dictate the style and slow down the Vegas attack.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’m just so excited that the Kings won’t be playing the Ducks or Sharks in the first round again. The new playoff format was cool in theory, but it’s really lead to repetition in first-round matchups more than anything. If the Kings, Sharks, and Ducks are good every year, then it’s likely that two of the three will be playing each other in round one. Kind of a bummer.

Anyway, so excited! Bring it, Vegas!

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad