Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 2 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He is. Listen to AV's press conf yesterday. He was asked about his top 6 and KK, and deflected to bring up how well Kampfer has played. Kampfer is 7th D.

Not really that surprising considering Klein has been dealing with nagging back issues. Guy's skating and upper body movements have been shot all season. Still wouldn't have Kampfer as my next defenseman over Clendening, but I don't want to start that whole conversation again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Here's where hank usually plays a stinker. Rarely puts two good playoff games together in a row. If he can follow that last performance up with another gem against a desperate habs team we are rolling.

76 and 42 need more mins tonight.

Holden will cost us tonight book it

In 63 total post-season games following a .925 sv% or better, Henrik Lundqvist has an average sv% of .920 with a record of 28-25-10.

Make of it what you want, but to suggest he usually plays a stinker is a bit much. And I am not Lundqvist's biggest fan.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers PP needs to be better tonight. It almost cost us Game 1.

The 1st PP attempt after the Gallagher trip was so bad, we had nothing going and the Habs killing off that PK gave them momentum that they sustained for the rest of the period.

And the 5-on-3 PP was pathetic. McDonagh with the worst shot attempt I've ever seen on a two-manner. It was WAY wide, and pretty much wasted 20 seconds of precious time with the puck going all the way back into our zone and having to regroup. Plus he almost nailed Zuccarello in the head again.

Just bring up Graves so he can drop bombs from the point.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
In 63 total post-season games following a .925 sv% or better, Henrik Lundqvist has an average sv% of .920 with a record of 28-25-10.

Make of it what you want, but to suggest he usually plays a stinker is a bit much. And I am not Lundqvist's biggest fan.

Rangers always struggle to take a stranglehold on a series. The series against MTL in '14 was an outlier, but we always lose games where we can take a 2-0 lead or close out a series in 6.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Rangers always struggle to take a stranglehold on a series. The series against MTL in '14 was an outlier, but we always lose games where we can take a 2-0 lead or close out a series in 6.

They got whooped in the first 5-10 minutes of that game 2, too. Montreal jumped all over them and scored fairly early. We came down and McD scored on an absolute fluke to tie it and deflate the crowd a bit. Think we buried one late in the 1st and held on from there on out.

Need to bring the energy tonight. You MTL will

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
They're both dumpster fires. But yeah keep making it as if people think Holden is better than Skjei.

Klein has had 2 serviceable SEASONS here. Holden had 10 games where he weasn't complete ass.

Especially at the start of the season, Holden was playing better than anyone had anticipated. Yes, you can argue that was because of the amazing hot streak the entire team was having, but Klein was still ****-poor. despite that. Holden's recent slump doesn't negate the season he has had, which was better than Klein's

Same as above, minus the last sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

That wasn't really his point though. Look, I criticise Lundqvist more than almost anyone here, but the narrative that he usually stinks up the place after a good game is just not true.

In those 63 games (following a .925 sv% or better) his save percentage is:

.920 in wins
.918 in regulation losses
.913 in OT losses

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
They got whooped in the first 5-10 minutes of that game 2, too. Montreal jumped all over them and scored fairly early. We came down and McD scored on an absolute fluke to tie it and deflate the crowd a bit. Think we buried one late in the 1st and held on from there on out.

Need to bring the energy tonight. You MTL will

The first goal will mean a lot in tonight's game. Especially there in Montreal. Rangers need to quiet that crowd and get in the Mtl players' heads.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm sure they AV and Beuk were in Holden's ear about those forced passes up the middle of the ice. I think AV is gonna look to limit that pairings minutes first, and then if they both still aren't playing well, he'll swap one of them (most likely Holden) out. He isn't going to scratch them after a win.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'll give Holden a pass on that disaster Game 1, I'm sure he was nervous, and has reviewed tape of his mistakes.

Let's hope he can play a much better Game 2.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The first goal will mean a lot in tonight's game. Especially there in Montreal. Rangers need to quiet that crowd and get in the Mtl players' heads.

Yup, if we can get out to another early lead it will silence the building and the players will start to get nervous.

NEED to get in front of Price and take away his eyes.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'll give Holden a pass on that disaster Game 1, I'm sure he was nervous, and has reviewed tape of his mistakes.

No amount of review can improve his overall poor defensive skills and hockey IQ. Or his slow foot speed for that matter. Nick Holden has a plan until there's a bit of pressure and he gives the puck away.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Here's where hank usually plays a stinker. Rarely puts two good playoff games together in a row. If he can follow that last performance up with another gem against a desperate habs team we are rolling.

76 and 42 need more mins tonight.

Holden will cost us tonight book it

It's not really a Hank thing it's a team thing.

Would love to know our game 2 record over the last bunch of years after winning game 1

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
It's not really a Hank thing it's a team thing.

Would love to know our game 2 record over the last bunch of years after winning game 1

it's at least something like 7-2. 2011-2012 was basically WLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWLWL. Granted, not all game 1s but we've had like two 2-game series leads in the last 7 years.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So long as they don't lose two in a row the Cup is ours

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I'd be more inclined to believe this if this wasn't just a continuation of the last month with Holden.

Lets say you're right though, whats Staal's excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->