Serie A 2017/18

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If they plan on using Dybala on the right they might as well not buy him.

Only Falcao has more goals than him in Europe. One less but Falcao has more GP. Wonder if people would start claiming he's a top 5 player right now?

As with Falcao, he'd need to score at the same rate against better quality teams than he's played so far, and sustain that over a full season if he wants any claim to top 5 player in the world

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Inter scrap their way to a win over Genoa, late minute corner kick goal and they move up to third.

However I keep saying this, once again these teams like Benevento prove that Serie A needs to go back to 18 teams. Every season there are simply 2-3 clubs which are totally uncompetitive which I don't really see in any of the other top 3-4 leagues (don't follow Ligue 1 enough but in Italy its constant...usually the last place team is well off but in Italy its always multiple teams)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's on another level this year.

I'd love to see that but I'm still not sure how they'd line up.

DYbala,Suarez,Messi and Dembele.

Suarez - Dybala
Dembele --- Messi
Biscuits - Rakitic?
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo
MAtS
------------------------------
Suarez - Dybala
Alba - Dembele - Messi - Semedo
Biscuits
Umtiti - Pique - Masch
MAtS
Suarez & Dybala up front with Dembele & Messi in half wide creative spots as Alba & Semedo deliver the attacking width. Dunno if you pair Biscuits with someone in midfield or just stick him in front of a back three.

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
In the game vs Atalanta Juve scored a goal, then the ref was called for a VAR review. The goal was then disallowed for a foul Lichtsteiner commited around 30 seconds before the goal was scored by pushing an Atalanta player with his elbow to the face, he also got a yellow after the VAR review.

I'm not sure the VAR was supposed to be used this way, surely I don't think it should, this doesn't make sense, even if the foul was correct, in fact it was so blatant I have no idea why the ref didn't see it.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
In the game vs Atalanta Juve scored a goal, then the ref was called for a VAR review. The goal was then disallowed for a foul Lichtsteiner commited around 30 seconds before the goal was scored by pushing an Atalanta player with his elbow to the face, he also got a yellow after the VAR review.

I'm not sure the VAR was supposed to be used this way, surely I don't think it should, this doesn't make sense, even if the foul was correct, in fact it was so blatant I have no idea why the ref didn't see it.

Yeah, VAR still needs to be refined, but in general, we're much better off having it than not.
Early days yet, lots of room to improve.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Napoli alone in first with Juve's slip-up, though they have some tough fixtures coming up after the International break with Roma, Man City and Inter on tap.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Juve lost 2-1, at home! Against Lazio. Looked like the ref was going to bail them out with a 97th minute PK but Dybala missed.

Caramel

Feb 12, 2009
It was actually a 100% stone cold penalty. Dybala with a weak penalty kick though. Juve deserved the loss, Lazio was very good.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Napoli are now the only remaining team in one of the Big 4 European leagues (Big 5 if you include Ligue 1) with a perfect domestic record.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Exciting Serie A season. Still early but there could be a 3 way race for the title between Napoli, Juve and Inter.

Obviously I'd like Juve to win, but Napoli are looking like the favorites right now. They're due for a title IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Napoli wins I guess I could forgive Mertens if he goes to China.
Screw that...I said it in the summer and I'll say it again; Mertens would be the perfect player to come to Liverpool and lead our line. Too bad he's 30 now and probably not even on our radar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad