Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Kovy274Hart said:
He has six points in this tournament.

What's his draft status?
Seven Points.

He went undrafted last year, but many believe that he along with many other Russians(Megalinsky, ****ikov, Etc.) opted out of the draft just before the draft started.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fedz said:
Seven Points.

He went undrafted last year, but many believe that he along with many other Russians(Megalinsky, ****ikov, Etc.) opted out of the draft just before the draft started.

I don't think they opted out, there might have been some concern with the lack of an IIHF-NHL deal, since the RHF was holding out from joining the IIHF and the NHL wouldn't work on a deal with the IIHF till Russia was included.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Kovy274Hart said:
Thanks for the info. He has a deadly shot. But I could do without his antics after he scores.

With that shot, he can go naked after scoring for all I care.. This guy has been the unsung hero for Russia so far, and has quietly been producing all tournament long.

BTW he has 8 points and not 6 or 7

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
MOGiLNY said:
With that shot, he can go naked after scoring for all I care.. This guy has been the unsung hero for Russia so far, and has quietly been producing all tournament long.

BTW he has 8 points and not 6 or 7

Yeah, I saw your correction before. He definitely has been what ya said in this tournament. All the focus was on the top 2 picks. But to be honest, Shirokov caught my eye the first game with his shot and again last nite.

It's obvious he has some talent.

Aren't you the one who also makes those awesome wallpapers?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Kovy274Hart said:
Yeah, I saw your correction before. He definitely has been what ya said in this tournament. All the focus was on the top 2 picks. But to be honest, Shirokov caught my eye the first game with his shot and again last nite.

It's obvious he has some talent.

Aren't you the one who also makes those awesome wallpapers?

I removed that part to avoid misunderstanding :)

Shirokov came on my radar screen at the ADT Canada-Russia challenge..

espo*

The goal he scored last game was a real laser that no goalie could have handled.Clearly..Russia has more then just Ovechkin and Malkin.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
cyclops said:
The goal he scored last game was a real laser that no goalie could have handled.Clearly..Russia has more then just Ovechkin and Malkin.

ye, even though the ESPN commentators will never tell u this...but there are other players on the Russian team. good forwards like Radulov, Lisin, Parshin. Their goalie, Khudobin, has been one of the best goalies in this tournaments yet no one talks about him! I have also been impressed with Emelin on D, he is very big, strong, and made a number of big hits against USA.

anyone have any thoughts on their defense? Panin is another tough guy, but he gets out of position a bit. Rylov has been inconsistent, while Vorobiev(+8) keeps piling up points yet i dont really see much of him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2forsbergaura1 said:
ye, even though the ESPN commentators will never tell u this...but there are other players on the Russian team. good forwards like Radulov, Lisin, Parshin. Their goalie, Khudobin, has been one of the best goalies in this tournaments yet no one talks about him! I have also been impressed with Emelin on D, he is very big, strong, and made a number of big hits against USA.

anyone have any thoughts on their defense? Panin is another tough guy, but he gets out of position a bit. Rylov has been inconsistent, while Vorobiev(+8) keeps piling up points yet i dont really see much of him.

Emelin is actually on the short side, about 6'0, 190 give or take. But he has had a few big hits. The one on Porter and Stafford stick out. Panin doesn't strike me as a very tough guy and both he and Emelin have been out of position, but I have liked what I've seen from their pairing at times, as well as Vorobiev/Ezhov pairing. Vorobiev/Ezhov/Panin won't be back next year since they are 19, but Emelin should be since he's 18.

As for the forwards, I haven't been overly impressed with Parshin, he's got skills no doubt, but to me hasn't been overly effective from what I've seen. Lisin is damn fast and while he's created a few chances he hasn't had much luck converting them.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
ye,i'd have to agree with you on most of what u said.

Lisin - very fast and can finish, but not nearly the finisher ovechkin or malkin are

Parshin - very small but quick and creative, an even worse finisher though

Panin - as we both agreed, very inconsistent and out of position, but has potential to maybe become something like a Salei type

Emelin - i didnt know he was only 6'0, but he is still VERY strong and knows how to make a hit...good timing on the hits.

Ezhov - this one is a loose cannon. Sometimes he looks good, other times he sucks

Vorobiev - he is not really noticeable, but he gets the points....solid on D.

I still feel this Russian team lacks a REAL PP quarterback...thats why they have had such problems with entering the offensive zone on the PP.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
cyclops said:

Russia has more than just Ovechkin, Malkin and Shirokov too.. I can easily list at least 5 more dangerous guys who could be a big threat tonight.. I don't know why it matters though..

espo*

MOGiLNY said:
Russia has more than just Ovechkin, Malkin and Shirokov too.. I can easily list at least 5 more dangerous guys who could be a big threat tonight.. I don't know why it matters though..
I've said it will be close....i stand by it.They've got weapons and i know it....i'm concerned but confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->