Proposal: Sergachev for Logan Brown (aka Swap of the Spitfires)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'd do the trade as an Ottawa fan, but pretty much everything went wrong for Brown this year, so I'm very curious to see what he can do next season.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Brown is more of a long shot to become a 1C than Sergachev is to become a 1D. Sergachev definitely has more value.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Browns value has probably decreased since the draft. Serg's has probably held constant. I'd stay put if I was the Habs.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Habs laugh and hang up. Logan Brown is nothing special, 3rd liner at best.

Although I don't see him in a number 1 center role (made evident with this last season, where Lemieux wasn't pilling up Brown's assist total and Sergachev was gone for half the season). He'll be a top 6 forward in my opinion, but not anything better.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
As it stands right now, Sergachev is a better bet to become a #1 defenseman than Brown is to be come a #1 center. Also has the higher floor of the two.

Habs decline.

This.

I'm not particularly sold on Sergachev, but I'd rate the chances of Brown becoming a true #1 in the NHL at about 5%. Just don't see it.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I'm not a big Logan Brown fan, but Serg hasn't impressed either.

That said, Ottawa is lousy with LHD and has a big hole for top-line forwards, sooo.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I'm not gonna lie, I was praying for the Habs to take Brown in that draft. A 6'6 center, coming off a 74-point in 59-game season in the O...felt too good to be true. And I was pissed when I heard Sergachev's name.

...but, I'm doing better today. Brown still intrigues me, but not enough to acquire him at the expense of Sergachev.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm not gonna lie, I was praying for the Habs to take Brown in that draft. A 6'6 center, coming off a 74-point in 59-game season in the O...felt too good to be true. And I was pissed when I heard Sergachev's name.

...but, I'm doing better today. Brown still intrigues me, but not enough to acquire him at the expense of Sergachev.

for me, it was clearly Keller or Nylander. if keller was drafted by Montreal i would of won 1300$

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sergachev can return a 1C - Duchene or Reinhart. So why would the Habs consider a lesser player such as Brown that struggled when Vilardi was hurt unless more players are added?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I'm unclear as to why people say that.
His ppg went up, so did his differential. And if I remember correctly, that's after a somewhat slow start after being sent back to juniors.

So where's the regression ?
I'm genuinely asking here, not trying to be a wise-ass.

He hasn't regressed. Pi is just a huge leaf homer that pisses on everything Habs related without fail.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
No thanks, McCarron & a 1st for Brown?

I get every fan base overrates their players, but for some reason Leafs and Habs fans criminally overrate them. McCarron is nearing bust territory. A late 1st in this year's draft is very useless for the next few years bare a Pastrnak like steal.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
I get every fan base overrates their players, but for some reason Leafs and Habs fans criminally overrate them. McCarron is nearing bust territory. A late 1st in this year's draft is very useless for the next few years bare a Pastrnak like steal.

He is?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Yes so one overrated prospect for another one and a late first, what's the problem?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yes so one overrated prospect for another one and a late first, what's the problem?

Brown is overrated, but McCarron literally has not shown anything worthwhile of being picked so high, and a late first in weak draft is terrible deal for a player who still has a lot of potential overall.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Brown is overrated, but McCarron literally has not shown anything worthwhile of being picked so high, and a late first in weak draft is terrible deal for a player who still has a lot of potential overall.

If anything Brown is underrated right now because of the injury filled, horrific season he just had.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
He has 7 career points in 50 or so games, and doesn't really have the skill or IQ to succeed. Of course he's nearing bust territory. Even his Junior numbers were mep.

He was drafted as a long-term project and has done nothing but improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->