Sens Tank Nation Part 1- The Fruit of Futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Instead of just trashing the Sens can we use this thread to talk about the prospects in the 2019 draft as well?

What's the story with Footer's other son? He will be eligible in the 2019 draft. 6'3", 180 lb winger

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Instead of just trashing the Sens can we use this thread to talk about the prospects in the 2019 draft as well?

What's the story with Footer's other son? He will be eligible in the 2019 draft. 6'3", 180 lb winger
Pretty big fan of the kid, got him in my top 5 mock as of now. Didn't have the most successful nor development year, but he's still a high caliber prospect with an NHL level release. Isn't a powerforward, but likes to play a rigid game similar to Blake Wheeler. Worked on his game away from the puck to be a more complete player, but has been sort of tough for him since he's been playing behind overagers his whole time in Kelowna. Next season will be his big year where he should be playing top 6 minutes on every offencive situation.

Here's my top five as of now (not saying Ottawa will finish in the top 5)...

1. Jack Hughes, C
2. Alex Newhook, C
3. Alex Turcotte, C
4. Kaapo Kakko, RW
5. Nolan Foote, LW

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
fie on the negative nellies. I support this thread wholeheartedly and wish nothing but futility on the franchise that decided to replace the best jerseys in the game with their current dross

Hossa_Senators_325x183.jpg

may they lose all 82 games next season

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I don't really believe in karma so am supporting this thread just because it might be funny as hell (I also didn't have an issue with the Dutchy avatars). Btw, I also think it would be rather funny to see Ottawa bounce back and not get us the pick we all want haha.

I also don't get the mean spirited argument. We're just making a place to talk about a potential gain to our team at the expense of another (everyone does this). It's not like we're being mean to individual Sens fans lol. One of my closest friends is a Sens fan and I'm consistently rubbing it in and he doesn't mind just like when the Avs had their historically bad year, he would give me the business as well. It's all good and fun IMO.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The negatives for the Sens:

• Major distraction with Melynk making threats for a new arena
  • Major distraction With Karlson in a walk year if he stays
  • Possibly hamstringing the return on EK by packaging him with Ryan's contract
  • Dorion has a bad trade record
  • Anderson will be 37
  • Boucher and the whole staff are back

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The negatives for the Sens:

• Major distraction with Melynk making threats for a new arena
  • Major distraction With Karlson in a walk year if he stays
  • Possibly hamstringing the return on EK by packaging him with Ryan's contract
  • Dorion has a bad trade record
  • Anderson will be 37
  • Boucher and the whole staff are back
You must have missed Svechnikov "liking" a tweet about the Sens earlier today. It was smokin'...

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I had a dream last night Ottawa traded their 4th OA to Calgary for Hamilton. Calgary drafted the second Tkachuk brother, and Ottawa had an immediate replacement for Karlsson on the right side.

Someone tell me that's an unrealistic trade so I can stop worrying.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Pretty big fan of the kid, got him in my top 5 mock as of now. Didn't have the most successful nor development year, but he's still a high caliber prospect with an NHL level release. Isn't a powerforward, but likes to play a rigid game similar to Blake Wheeler. Worked on his game away from the puck to be a more complete player, but has been sort of tough for him since he's been playing behind overagers his whole time in Kelowna. Next season will be his big year where he should be playing top 6 minutes on every offencive situation.

Here's my top five as of now (not saying Ottawa will finish in the top 5)...

1. Jack Hughes, C
2. Alex Newhook, C
3. Alex Turcotte, C
4. Kaapo Kakko, RW
5. Nolan Foote, LW

Where would you have Lavoie ranked? He showed some good potential this year, he is one of the older prospects for 2019 though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where would you have Lavoie ranked? He showed some good potential this year, he is one of the older prospects for 2019 though.
He still looks really lanky and trying to adjust into his skating/body as he tends to chase in some games. But he's a complete beast on the forecheque and loves the slot area. For people who say that Noel is JvR, this guy is more like him than anyone else. I have him as a later 1st rounder as of now. Wouldn't have his point total if he wasn't on a team with so many offencive weapons as the Moosehead do. I am much more interested in Xavier Parent instead who I have as a top 15 prospect. Undersized, but has fantastic skating, good head for the game, and is just relentless from his competitive nature. In addition, I would also consider Jakob Pelletier a better player than Lavoie as of now.

If there is a guy you should watch, check out Michael Vukojevic. As of now he projects to be a shutdown defender, but from what I've seen from him I wouldn't hesitant to put him as the next Marc-Edouard Vlasic in terms of raw ability to shutdown opposing teams. I have him as a top 15 prospect as well.

Here are two other players to watch out for as big darkhorses that I really like at this point of time...
Moritz Seider - Elite Prospects
Isaiah Saville - Elite Prospects

As GTG said in the past, 2019 is looking absurd for goaltending.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A pathetic D core, it really is that awful even with EK. To make it even worse, all their prospects that can play in the NHL next season are forwards.

Not that I disagree...though it could be passable if they can extend EK, Chabot takes a big step, and Ceci gets his head out of his ass...but a terrible blueline didn't stop NJ or LV from getting into the playoffs last year or us in 2014. It takes major forward depth, puck luck, and a strong goalie; but Ottawa could easily have those things working for them if they turn to their young forwards & Anderson pulls another bounceback year out of his ass.

That's why I'm not banking on this pick being any higher #10 next year and would exploring flipping it this summer if some other team does value it like a top 5 pick.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Ryan can bounce back and be a decent second liner. And if White steps into their top 6 they have decent scoring.

EK can carry Ceci then they have Chabot to anchor the second pairing? That's where it will be grim.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
It all depends on if they can sign EK to me. I would very easily bet on him winning the Norris next year against the rest of the field. He pretty much had everything that could possibly go wrong for him this year go wrong and he still led the league in ppg. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him put up 80 points next year with an extended offseason. Hard not to at least be competitive with a player like that. If they can’t sign him however, I’m betting the pick is top 10 easily even if they get a good return for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I had a dream last night Ottawa traded their 4th OA to Calgary for Hamilton. Calgary drafted the second Tkachuk brother, and Ottawa had an immediate replacement for Karlsson on the right side.

Someone tell me that's an unrealistic trade so I can stop worrying.
If this happened and they traded Karlsson, why would you be worried?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
But trading Karlsson (with that huge return) and having Hamilton step on the ice right away from the #4 pick would likely move the needle.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
But trading Karlsson (with that huge return) and having Hamilton step on the ice right away from the #4 pick would likely move the needle.
Two potential problems: Dorion has bad trade record and they very possibly are blunting the return on EK by pairing him with Ryan's cap dump.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Two potential problems: Dorion has bad trade record and they very possibly are blunting the return on EK by pairing him with Ryan's cap dump.

Even if a deal is 'bad' he's getting back a better roster player than Ryan, and would be getting an A level prospect. A 'bad' trade could be Johnson + Foote + Volkov + 2nd That would be a terrible trade value wise... and they'd still be potentially better with those 3 players on the opening night roster plus Hamilton.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really don't know what to expect from Dorion as the return for Karlsson. If Friedman's speculation was accurate, the package from Vegas at the deadline wasn't one that was going to help the Sens at all right now. Now you're only guaranteed Karlsson for one playoff run instead of two so that could impact his value somewhat but there could also be more teams in play now.

Reactions: McMetal

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I would imagine the price this summer would be similar if not higher than what was offered at last years deadline simply because more teams can get involved. It should also be higher this summer than at the deadline because most GMs have enough confidence/arrogance that if they can bring in a top level player in during the summer they will be able to convince them over the course of a full season that it's a good place to re-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad