Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by Dornhoeffer, Jun 4, 2018.
Those are old rankings, probably from preseason or so.
I think the trade up/trade down tool can be exploited because of how rigidly it adheres to the values that have been assigned to the picks. I ended up coming out of the first round with Dobson and Kotkaniemi because of it.
1. [#8]. Noah Dobson (RD, Acadie Bathurst, QMJHL)
2. [#12] Jesperi Kotkaniemi (C, Assat, Liiga)
3. [#95] Curtis Hall (C, Youngstown, USHL)
4. [#126] Scott Perunovich (LD, Minnesota-Duluth, NCAA)
5. [#157] Xavier Bouchard (LD, Baie-Comeau, QMJHL)
6. [#188] Logan Hutsko (RW, Boston College, NCAA)
7. [#194] Jared Moe (G, Waterloo, USHL)
Please be our GM
It does. I managed to walk away with Kotkaniemi and Wahlstrom outside the top-10 with some timely trade downs/trade ups. It definitely doesn't take into account the tiers of players (hence being able to trade up to #1/#2 pick if you take the Islanders and offer both 1sts).
Neat site but we really should just stand pat a 4...Trading up to 1 or 2 isnt happening,and 3 isnt worth it ...
I think I'd rather take Tkachuk or Zadina personally. We're in the top 5. Take BPA and be happy with it unless someone is willing to sell us the farm.