Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Sabu, Lucchini and Rubins

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Somehow it feels like Sabourin is gonna stick with this org. long term in some role - coaching, development, scouting etc.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Lucchini was just on an AHL deal last year, no? If so this is super dope for him.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Kastelic mentioned that Sabourin took him under his wing and really helped him develop as a pro. I could see Sabourin being valued by the organization as a mentor to the young players, to keep them safe and help teach them how to be more physically imposing and consistently physical. He could be a good fit in that role, I just don't think he is a great fit as a heavy in Ottawa if they need one.

Lucchini had a solid season last year, can provide some scoring and plays with an edge. Good veteran addition.

Don't know much about Rubins but it seems like he is a solid depth defensive d man.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
From reading old threads about Rubins, Leaf fans seemed to like him on their bottom pair when he was called up. Seems like a nice depth option if injuries hit.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I was kind hoping we’d add Reubens… mentioned him as a name earlier today. Probably not an NHLer, probably not more than a cup of coffee guy, but has some pro pedigree and room to grow.

Reactions: Altimus

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I've got a soft spot for Sabourin so I'm happy. Also, if Rubins works out at all I'll get a Rubins Latvia jersey. I need a Latvia Sens jersey, and right now Balcers is the number 1 option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad