Sens sign Meszaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Most excellent. All that is left is getting Kaigorodov out of Russia, but that is out of our hands I think.

Roy G Biv*

I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves with Mesz. He was still making brain-cramps in Vancouver consistent with young defencemen. I expect to see them occur at a higher rate in the NHL.

I have no doubt he will be a top 3 d-man in the future, but I feel letting him be number 1 in Bingo will be better for him.

I think we should let Schubert take the job and sign York.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Egil said:
Most excellent. All that is left is getting Kaigorodov out of Russia, but that is out of our hands I think.
Speaking of Kaigorodov whats the scenerio? is it money? or because he wants a guaranteed spot? cause if thats the case why not give him a spot and if it doesent work out he can go back and play in russia.

Roy G Biv*

HOCKEY_GURU said:
Speaking of Kaigorodov whats the scenerio? is it money? or because he wants a guaranteed spot? cause if thats the case why not give him a spot and if it doesent work out he can go back and play in russia.

Not allowed to sign him as per Gary Bettman's orders due to the lack of a trasfer deal.

We can have him at the end of the year when his russian contract is up, if no transfer deal is signed this year.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Zamboner said:
I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves with Mesz. He was still making brain-cramps in Vancouver consistent with young defencemen. I expect to see them occur at a higher rate in the NHL.

I have no doubt he will be a top 3 d-man in the future, but I feel letting him be number 1 in Bingo will be better for him.

I think we should let Schubert take the job and sign York.

I think Meszaros could use another year in junior, from what I observed last year(if he's 19, rather than 20), and at LEAST a year in the AHL before we start talking NHL for this kid. He's got some glimmer...but he's still pretty raw.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
SensGuy said:
The chances of him going to the ECHL are zero.

Well I wouldn't say zero, because he could start the year in the AHL and REALLY struggle and find himself in the ECHL.

But yeah, you're right his likely destination is not the ECHL, at least I'm sure thats the last place Muckler and the Sens want him. He'll probably be given every chance to make the Sens roster and if he fails he'll be shipped down to the AHL or back to Vancouver.

Bytown

Mar 8, 2003
Brock said:
Well I wouldn't say zero, because he could start the year in the AHL and REALLY struggle and find himself in the ECHL.

But yeah, you're right his likely destination is not the ECHL, at least I'm sure thats the last place Muckler and the Sens want him. He'll probably be given every chance to make the Sens roster and if he fails he'll be shipped down to the AHL or back to Vancouver.

Maybe but they would be able to call him up to bingo if he is in the echl.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
jaydog2005 said:
Maybe but they would be able to call him up to bingo if he is in the echl.

But the thinking is that why sign a player like Mejzaros if you feel he's not good enough to challenge for a roster spot. They still had another year to get him under contract. If they felt he wasn't good enough to play in the NHL or the AHL, they'd probably just let him go back to Vancouver.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Defence prospects ussually take longer to break in to the NHL than forwards. If he was struggling at times still in Van it would benefit him to learn a little more in the Ahl or back with the Giants. Good prospect....why rush him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->