Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Kastelic - 2 years ($835,000 AAV)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty good signing, no point waiting too long and end up paying more. I think Kastelic scores at least 10 G this season

One thing less to do next offseason and this deal will help with our tight cap situation.

Last edited:

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Deal helps us as well with figuring out our cap situation now that we can speculate one less contract
Some (I did) folks had anticipated this and had him slotted into the 2023-24 Senators lineup already. Those 2023-24 rosters (with AAVs) have been posted several times in threads here (in the Senators HF forum). His AAV was $821,667, so with his new contract at $835 k, its a $13k increase i.e., negligible increase that's pretty much already factored in.

Good deal and good signing, but anticipated would be my summary.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
I am happy for Kasty, he seems like a nice guy and a very hard working player. It's almost not fair that he makes only $835K (yes, I know, I make way less than that per year, but just comparing it to the other guys). I mean, we gave how much to White? And what about Goodbranson? Kastelic looks like one of those guys that everyone loves in a dressing room and he puts constant effort whenever I see him out on the ice.

Plus he should get a bonus of at least couple of thousands of $ just to maintain his hair. That flow is gorgeous!

What is happening to me? I think those gender swap avatars are messing with my brain!

Dorion probably wishing he didn't bother with resigning Gambrell now.
Stop jinxing it, man. All we need is another injury.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Nothing to dislike about that signing. Too bad the Sens couldn't get that third year at the same price tho!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Love it when we develop and extend our own drafted players, even if its bottom 6 guys. Hope Kastelic keeps up his dope play

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wow. Nothing not to absolutely love about this other than Kasty not getting enough for what he does.

Reactions: guyzeur

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He needs to realize his size and start punishing guys and stop getting knocked around. It's confusing to watch.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad