Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Johnny Oduya to a 1 year deal

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Don't understand this, we already have a log jam of LHD and we need to start playing our prospects and let them gain some experience.

Unless there is a trade coming.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't mind it. I knew they needed another vet. For 1M he can ride the pine until he's needed. It isn't like he needs a bunch of practice.

Bonuses will obviously keep him motivated.

I'd rather they sign a bunch of depth now than trade picks at the deadline for it.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Don't understand this, we already have a log jam of LHD and we need to start playing our prospects and let them gain some experience.

Unless there is a trade coming.

From what I remember, Oduya likes playing RHD.

Boucher might want him partnered with Chabot on the third pairing but didn't want Chabot with Wideman.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Didn't see this one coming, I like this quite a bit and agree with others. It must mean another move is coming because now there is a massive logjam on D.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I like it. It's a cheap low risk deal for a good vet. I think we can expect some growing pain with our young defensemen so a guy like Oduya is perfect to slot in there for some stability. Solid deal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
4 3rd pairings and whoever Erik Karlsson is carrying.

Yep.

I mean I like the signing for the very cheap vet presence on the bottom pairing. It sure beats having both Boro and Wideman there, and he could make a great mentor for Chabot but....We still don't have much talent on D overall once you get past EK....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Very nice cheap depth signing.

Have to think, as most have mentioned, a trade of a D is in the works.

Essentially books Harpur's ticket to Belleville, and unless a trade is made likely the same for Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->