What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The joy of new socks is better than the joy of new underwear.

The joy of not having to wear old underwear anymore is better than the joy of not having to wear old socks anymore.

They are different beasts.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How do you guys feel about pineapple on pizza?

Hawaiian pizza is great. It's a perfectly fine pizza, it just exists slightly outside of the North American "pepperoni or gtfo" traditions we have around pizza. I assure you, the rest of the world does not have those ideas.

I feel people who vehemently hate Hawaiian pizza on the basis of tradition just aren't terribly adventurous people in general. I've had horse meat pizza before, and it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. By comparison, pineapple is the tamest topping.

I mean, if you just hate pineapple, that's fine. You can't help hating a food. I hate green olives (the kind they usuall put on pizza), so I don't want it on MY pizza... but it's not like I fel as though they don't belong on pizza. They do... just not my pizza, please.

This whole "it doesn't belong on pizza" argument is dumb. You like it, or you don't. But there are enough people who like it that it certainly belongs on pizza. Maybe not on yours, but in general, yes.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I always thought pineapple on pizza was one of those faux outrage type things. Pizza is one of those really nice foods where you can easily customize to your liking (or pull of whatever you don't like).

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I am a pizza with gravy lover, right off Elgin, I can't remember the name of the place, but man is that good. Pepperoni pizza with their special gravy poured on top...delicious

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Same. I'm a naturally cautious and defensive driver, but I can't imagine why anyone would willingly be hyper-aggressive in driving. If someone cuts me off, I'll be upset for a second, but I don't let that stay with me.

On the other hand, if a lane is closing up ahead and a driver tries to skip their turn by jamming to the front and forcing their way into the congestion, I'll do everything in my power to block them out. It's my one true weak point as a driver but dammit, I get so frustrated by it. It's an extra minute's wait, max, usually.
I have a zero tolerance for people who do that and will refuse to let them in. It’s just plain rude.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The joy of new socks is better than the joy of new underwear.

The joy of not having to wear old underwear anymore is better than the joy of not having to wear old socks anymore.

They are different beasts.

I told a friend once that one of the greatest little joys in life was putting on new socks and he looked at me like i was crazy.

I thought I was alone. .. until now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I realize I’m a bit late on the driving escapade thread. I’ve experienced a little bit of everything that folks have described here.

My most unique experience however, was driving on a two lane highway. Summer time, mid-morning, not busy.

One vehicle in front of me, in front of that vehicle is police cruiser. The speed limit in the particular area was 90 kms. So we’re all gingerly driving along. Until dude or dudette in front of me decides to get impatient.

I’m not sure how many people know this, but when you pass a vehicle, the speed limit is still in effect.

So dude or dudette puts on the signal to passe the police cruiser at over 100 kms. Sadly, I was alone at the time and couldn’t share my disbelief with anyone but myself. So I profusely talked to myself and laughed in disbelief anticipating what was going to happen next.

As expected, as soon as dude/dudette merged back into the lane in front of the cruiser, there went the red lights.

I couldn’t wait to get to destination to tell anyone who would listen.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I realize I’m a bit late on the driving escapade thread. I’ve experienced a little bit of everything that folks have described here.

My most unique experience however, was driving on a two lane highway. Summer time, mid-morning, not busy.

One vehicle in front of me, in front of that vehicle is police cruiser. The speed limit in the particular area was 90 kms. So we’re all gingerly driving along. Until dude or dudette in front of me decides to get impatient.

I’m not sure how many people know this, but when you pass a vehicle, the speed limit is still in effect.

So dude or dudette puts on the signal to passe the police cruiser at over 100 kms. Sadly, I was alone at the time and couldn’t share my disbelief with anyone but myself. So I profusely talked to myself and laughed in disbelief anticipating what was going to happen next.

As expected, as soon as dude/dudette merged back into the lane in front of the cruiser, there went the red lights.

I couldn’t wait to get to destination to tell anyone who would listen.

Passing a cop car on the highway? At that point there needs to be an extra punishment for being too dumb to operate a moving vehicle.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I once had a pizza that had baked beans on it. Wasn't too bad. But just not proper pizza. Pineapple ruins pizza. Period.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am a pizza with gravy lover, right off Elgin, I can't remember the name of the place, but man is that good. Pepperoni pizza with their special gravy poured on top...delicious

Georgia's.. .the pizza isn't that good on its own but the gravy pulls it all together...if you haven't tried it don't knock it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What advice would you give your 20 year old self?
- for one, you're doing just fine. The frustrations you're having will go away.
- don't worry, you'll gain plenty of weight in due time!
- be nice to, and patient with, the people who love you.
- don't try so hard to "fit in", instead, find the people where the fit will come naturally.
- this quote that I love: "the secret to happiness: low expectations".

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What advice would you give your 20 year old self?

There's a ton of stuff I could say.....but the 20-year-old me was way too stubborn to listen to any of it (even if it came from a 45-year-old me).

But, if there's one thing I could tell the kids out there today....get an education. Doesn't matter if it's trade school, university, college, or whatever. Learn something. Anything. Having any kind of specialized knowledge is a huge boost in the job market out there (even if it doesn't look that way to anyone searching right now).

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Find something I really enjoyed at school and major in that. Work hard, apply to internships and summer jobs and go to more networking events.

I don't hate or dislike what I do now but I wish I had found something I liked more.

The work hard and get in the industry early (while still in school) is pretty critical for anything these days.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Shout out to the other parents of young ones .

Thanks for all the content on HF to scroll through , I've been up all night with a puking feverish 2 year old, and in between her puking and me watching her and worrying I read through a copious amount of nonsense ! Entertaining nonsense !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->