What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey guys, what is your go-to red wine bottle when having a steak :) Let me know, thanks.

Cotes-du-Rhone wines are great with steak. The Grenache grape is excellent with red meat.

You can find it in the vintages sections of many LCBOs, too. They're usually about $15-20 per bottle.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
We had a photographer friend of ours do our wedding for free as a wedding gift to us.

I'd probably cheap out on that cost though, knowing me.

as a photographer every friend that has asked me to their pictures for free i gently tell them to f*** off.
its my job and it has to be respected. if you put a budget to party but dont wanna pay me because im your friend, its simply not cool.
its a whole day of work and you simply cant party yourself. you're there to work. so no. not free. ever.

-wake up early.
-drive to the bride and capture her getting ready + family members
-drive to groom's location and do the same thing
-drive to church or the court whereever you're getting married, take a bunch of pictures
-kidnap the couple to go take their wedding pictures at a nice location
-go to he party and deal with bunch of people taking more pictures
-edit such pictures
-print those pictures (depends how much they paid)

1000$

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Cotes-du-Rhone wines are great with steak. The Grenache grape is excellent with red meat.

You can find it in the vintages sections of many LCBOs, too. They're usually about $15-20 per bottle.

A California Zinfandel is amazing with steak as well.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
We never asked. It was offered.

yeah i read he offered it.
no problem with that.

but it is what it is. many people have tried that with me and at the end they dont even invite me, just cuz i dont wanna work for free or their offer simply sucks.

i could be making money elsewhere instead of going to your wedding guys.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
no problem with that.

but it is what it is. many people have tried that with me and at the end they dont even invite me, just cuz i dont wanna work for free or their offer simply sucks.

Is professional photography still a good gig these days? Seems with the modern digital cameras and the editing capability out there, a ton of amateur photographers are springing up everywhere.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah for my friend who's a wedding photographer, I asked him... Do you want to work or be a guest.
We hired him, he gave us a good rate and some nice freebies in terms of prints as wedding gift.
Plus we get a good deal on photos for other things (engagement, maternity, etc).

The only photographers that I have an issue with for pricing is the sports event photography people who sit in a spot, take thousands of photos and then expect you to find the good ones, roughly crop for yourself and then have to pay 50 bucks for that one photo (digital), and they barely do any touchups.

If I was them and it was a large attendance event, go for the quantity sale and just price them at impulse buy prices.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Is professional photography still a good gig these days? Seems with the modern digital cameras and the editing capability out there, a ton of amateur photographers are springing up everywhere.

yes and no. i look for every contract, never say no, but im independent.
like i wont say no to a marriage even if i hate it.
the thing is people ThINK they can do nice pictures because of their camera quality, when in reality i could probably do a better job with a disposable camera.

i got some steady revenu, but shit happens when you;re by yourself. all i know , is what really makes me money, will never die. unless the girls retire, get an exclusive contract etc.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Question for the married/engaged people:

How much would you pay for a wedding photographer?

Since I've been looking... Most packages are $1500-2000. If you go midrange, you can cheap out and get a student but that can totally be hit or miss.

I think it is ridiculous so we are having a friend take just 10-15 nice family photos and call it a day. He's a photographer and honestly I just want a photo or two of all three of us that isn't a selfie!

They did offer though... But I don't want them running around during the reception taking millions of photos. I want them to enjoy. And I don't mind editing them either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disclose

Brethers

Jun 30, 2013
Ipswich, UK
Hey everyone, random question but we are coming to Montreal from UK in July/August and I want to show my fiancée and step daughter my hometown while we are over, was wondering what areas in Ottawa are best to look at staying in? It’s been 7 years since I last visited so I’m not sure what’s changed!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
no problem with that.

I mean, if they're not inviting you in the end, then they're clearly not that close of a friend. The same I would say of if you'd rather be making money elsewhere than being at their wedding.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
yes and no. i look for every contract, never say no, but im independent.
like i wont say no to a marriage even if i hate it.
the thing is people ThINK they can do nice pictures because of their camera quality, when in reality i could probably do a better job with a disposable camera.

i got some steady revenu, but **** happens when you;re by yourself. all i know , is what really makes me money, will never die. unless the girls retire, get an exclusive contract etc.

No way that you do what you allude to. I mean even if you did, where would they be? I can't believe without a link sent to my inbox.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
as a photographer every friend that has asked me to their pictures for free i gently tell them to **** off.
its my job and it has to be respected. if you put a budget to party but dont wanna pay me because im your friend, its simply not cool.
its a whole day of work and you simply cant party yourself. you're there to work. so no. not free. ever.

-wake up early.
-drive to the bride and capture her getting ready + family members
-drive to groom's location and do the same thing
-drive to church or the court whereever you're getting married, take a bunch of pictures
-kidnap the couple to go take their wedding pictures at a nice location
-go to he party and deal with bunch of people taking more pictures
-edit such pictures
-print those pictures (depends how much they paid)

1000$

My wife is a photographer. She gets asked all the time by friends and family to take pictures. She's too nice to say no, but she's the same way. It makes her feel very underappreciated for her talents. People think it's easy to be a pro photographer. Trust me. It's not. You either have the eye for it or you don't.

Also, I know exactly how much time and effort goes into a wedding shoot and the work after to sort through about 1500 pictures and edit the best ones. Your $1000 should be $3000. :thumbu:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure that any Joe Schmo can take perfectly professional picks on your iPhone these days. I mean, that's what apple want's me to believe anyways...

edit: just in case it wasn't clear, this post was sarcastic.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I mean, if they're not inviting you in the end, then they're clearly not that close of a friend. The same I would say of if you'd rather be making money elsewhere than being at their wedding.

oh for sure. they only invited because i own the big camera. when i set a price or simply tell them that ill go but no work. things change.

and you're right. i rather be making money than being at a wedding.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
No way that you do what you allude to. I mean even if you did, where would they be? I can't believe without a link sent to my inbox.

ok buddy. do you really have a hard time to believe that a girl that needs money, accepts to pose naked?
are you stupid?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
ok buddy. do you really have a hard time to believe that a girl that needs money, accepts to pose naked?
are you stupid?
It's okay I know you're French and probably missed my sarcasm. Guy below me is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->