OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It's been a while since we've all shared these.

6602998326.png

My internet is download of 94 mbps and upload of 11 mbps. I know nothing about internet though!

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
It's not great, but this was tested during a pretty slow point. The speed's usually a lot more reliable. I'm with a small ISP called Netfox, on a 75/10 deal. Usually hovers closer to 50/8.
for me, 30 is not fast enough, but 100 is perfect. I couldn't imagine would I could do with anything more.

At least prices are coming down with high bandwidth, so you must have a solid deal with the small ISP.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think every infraction I ever got on here I knew I was going to get after I posted, but just said F it. :laugh: I occasionally get sucked in and take the bait.

I only have 1 or 2 infractions. I know for a fact one was for "trolling" because I referred to an Edmonton player by the name of "Nail Yakubust" in an otherwise regular post about him:laugh:

I thought I was being clever...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've only seen Take Shelter (good movie indeed). Didn't know about his other movies.

I recommend mud and midnight special for a pretty much guaranteed good time with yourself.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
So I hadn't had a chance to watch the Leftovers finale until recently.

Can't remember a show ending that well. Absolutely incredible.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
95 Mbps up
95 Mbps down

working at a university has its benefits... home should be around 50/25

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Cable, try that around 5:30/6pm when everyone is just arriving home and I bet it is 1/5th of what you show there

edit/ just called Bell and they upgraded me to their Fibe 300 plan for no additional cost for 1 year for being a "loyal customer" guess that will be much faster when i get home tonight

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I get by just fine with ultra slow up to 5 Mbps down, Netflix works fine, and I don't really ever download anything. Hard to argue with 25 bucks a month when I don't have issues with the Qual of service I'm getting, but people in rural areas have access to faster internet then what I bother paying for....

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I get by just fine with ultra slow up to 5 Mbps down, Netflix works fine, and I don't really ever download anything. Hard to argue with 25 bucks a month when I don't have issues with the Qual of service I'm getting, but people in rural areas have access to faster internet then what I bother paying for....

5mpbs... if you have any other user doing anything on your internet while you use netflix it will only buffer standard def

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
There is an announcement at work about how they are having two chiropractors and a "naturopathic doctor" as guest speakers for "safety week". But that must be an auto correct from pseudoscience week.

Seriously considering putting an anonymous suggestion in the box about how it is all nonsense and if they want to have guest speakers for safety week they should have people who don't make a living off quackery and lies.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
There is an announcement at work about how they are having two chiropractors and a "naturopathic doctor" as guest speakers for "safety week". But that must be an auto correct from pseudoscience week.

Seriously considering putting an anonymous suggestion in the box about how it is all nonsense and if they want to have guest speakers for safety week they should have people who don't make a living off quackery and lies.

Is your manager an anti-vaxxer? lol yikes.

Why would you bring in chiropractors and a naturopath of all things for safety week?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
As a nurse, I am totally not opposed to naturopathy as I do think natural options can be great options.

That said, seems odd for safety week and I would love if naturopathy was regulated because it sadly is not nor is it overly researched and natural products can really mess with you if you mix things or don't go over them with a health care provider. And obviously there are times when you need medications and trying to self medicate with natural products can be a real issue. Antibiotics are wonderful as are vaccines!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
5mpbs... if you have any other user doing anything on your internet while you use netflix it will only buffer standard def

Nah usually you can get away with watching netflix and browsing the internet on a few other devices. However if anyone else tries to download or stream then it tends to buffer or go sd.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Cable, try that around 5:30/6pm when everyone is just arriving home and I bet it is 1/5th of what you show there

edit/ just called Bell and they upgraded me to their Fibe 300 plan for no additional cost for 1 year for being a "loyal customer" guess that will be much faster when i get home tonight

Yeah probably right. I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

I work 12 hr shifts tho, so I'm never really using the internet at "normal" peak times.

You'd think more people would be using it after 8pm, with streaming and gaming and the like, not at like 5-6pm when 'normals' are all making dinner and doing activities after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad