OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The entertainment stuff I care about I always just get legally, not to get into a big debate but if someone creates something artistically that brings joy to my life I will gladly pay for it.

True, but I won't pay absurd prices for that content. I'm not going to get a tv package, then pay 20 dollars a month for hbo go just so i can watch game of thrones. If HBO was willing to sell me HBO go for less than the price of netflix without needed a cable package, I'd go for it.

If there is a legal and reasonably priced way to get products and services, the black market dries up rather quickly.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah, I am sure Canada is a whole other ballpark of things. What I usually do is the order the network when something I want is on, and cancel when its over. HBO Now is $15 a month here, so pay that for 2 months to get GoT and other content you want to watch, and then cancel when you're done. Of course Curb is coming on soon so I am just keeping HBO for awhile!

When NCAA Football returns I reactivate my PSVue and usually around Feb I will deactivate it until the fall again. I like to flip flop on Hulu and Netflix too, wont use both at the same time.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, I am sure Canada is a whole other ballpark of things. What I usually do is the order the network when something I want is on, and cancel when its over. HBO Now is $15 a month here, so pay that for 2 months to get GoT and other content you want to watch, and then cancel when you're done. Of course Curb is coming on soon so I am just keeping HBO for awhile!

When NCAA Football returns I reactivate my PSVue and usually around Feb I will deactivate it until the fall again. I like to flip flop on Hulu and Netflix too, wont use both at the same time.

Yup all that is fair. Canada is in its own world while everyone tries to figure out how to best capitalize on streaming services. HBO won't budge on keeping game of thrones to itself, and rightfully so. Its their biggest cash cow. But it does promote pirating as a means to watch their shows.

Id gladly give them 30 bucks to watch game of thrones for a few months, but they just don't give me the option right now.

So I pretty much stick to netflix, game center and pirate sites for the rest.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Regarding HBO and Canada, the problem is that they sold the online rights to Bell well before they established their own online presence.
So they actually can't get their own shows on HBO Now. And Bell is free to do whatever it wants with the HBO shows they own the rights for.

Its why most services are screwed up in Canada. Rogers/Bell bought full media rights to a lot of stuff, and so as the online services started they couldn't get them to concede control from the cable companies.
The landscape is slightly different in the US because of the content creators being located there and retaining a bit more control over the distribution.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Man, Jason is always falling into waterfalls lately. That guy is a walking accident when it comes to water.

Dude needs to go back to the rivers and lakes that he's used to.
Can't blame him, there's no road signs warning against waterfalls.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Jason nooooooooooo

event_145340062.jpeg

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Hong Kong is cool. Had some killer dim sum and the best dan dan noodles of my life (so wonderfully spicy).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Trying to decide on a tv series to watch.

Has anyone watched any of

Master of None
Better Call Saul
The Keepers

that can make a recommendation.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Trying to decide on a tv series to watch.

Has anyone watched any of

Master of None
Better Call Saul
The Keepers

that can make a recommendation.

The Keepers is a really dark and depressing series regarding a murder in the late 60s. It's fascinating but covers some very heavy, tragic material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad