OT: Sens Lounge XCV: Music Mourning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Just woke up to have a couple texts on my phone about Chris Cornell passing. Another of the grunge era is gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Man, that really sucks.

Always liked basically anything Chris Cornell put out, one of the great rock voices.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Could never stand his voice or anything he made but that's still too young to go, too bad

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Saw Audioslave play in London many years back with Seether.

Was hoping to get to another Cornell show in the next year or two

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Not necessarily a popular opinion:

I was never a huge Soundgarden fan, but like every other 20 year old in 1994 I bought Superunknown on the strength of Black Hole Sun and Spoonman. I don't think I gave that album many spins, tbh.

Burden In My Hand is peak Soundgarden, as far as singles.

Come at me, bro.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
There's been far too many artist deaths lately. I even found out about of couple of them only recently, a few months after they happened: Pete Burns, the singer from Dead or Alive, and Carolyn Crawley, the singer from fairly obscure 80's band Shelleyan Orphan, but who had a great couple of songs with This Mortal Coil. I'm definitely a child of the 80's...

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
That feeling when you are sitting waiting for an appointment, just looking at the clock and realizing you have a second appointment directly after that you might miss if the wait TAKES FOREVER.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
That feeling when you are sitting waiting for an appointment, just looking at the clock and realizing you have a second appointment directly after that you might miss if the wait TAKES FOREVER.

I can relate. I absolutely loathe​ running late.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
My mother is into all this pseudoscience nonsense, and I have no idea how to convince her it is garbage.

Ask her to explain it to you and just ask questions. Get her to really think out her reasoning behind the stuff she buys into. Don't be pushy and don't say shes wrong for the obvious reasons. Just neutral questions.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
what kind of stuff?

Well when I got in today she was listening​ to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Braden

In the past he has said:

"Cancer can only manifest if we forget the true nature of who we really are. That is if we don’t live our lives the way that is best for us, that is true to us and if we keep doing that for too long. It’s not our fault it’s come to this. We have been deceived and deluded from the truth about who we really are. We just have to remember! We are doing that right now all over the planet."

I have tried to get her to question it, but any skepticism towards the garbage just seems to make her double down on it. She almost always listens with headphones now. I think it is because she didn't want to hear my sister and I critisizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad