Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Toronto Sat. 7:00 pm on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Not that it matters, but I don't know how they don't call that trip on Marner before the EN goal.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How does it change Dave? This team is circling the drain. The Duchene deal was terrible. Extending Anderson and Condon, terrible, trading for Burrows? Terrible. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel? Tell me Dave, make me believe.

Even if Phaneuf and Ryan beg to be traded that doesn’t mean anyone wants them. You think we can move Ryan? How? He has 4 more years at 7.5 million a year. He’s got bad hands. Constantly hurt. Good luck moving him.

What kind of team do you want? A speed team? I think that’s a good plan. You can’t be slow in today’s league. We are not fast enough.

You want all the top guys moved? Even Karlsson? It’s not that easy to tear this down when you have 5 guys who are almost unmovable. Ryan, Phaneuf, Andy, Condon, Burrows. Put them on waivers some say. Well, someone has to claim them, and that won’t happen.

You also want to blow it up now, but we don’t have our first in next year’s draft. So we give Colorado a top pick? That’s a good plan?

It’s not easy. If we had a bunch of expiring contracts and all our top picks I’m not against blowing it up, but we don’t. We are not in a good position at all right now. Not spending money wisely and not building our team the way you should in 2018. Old and slow does NOT work in today’s game. Why our management group doesn’t get that, I have no idea.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
penthouse to the outhouse and back. tons of parity. last I heard about 10 days ago 7 of 16 teams from last year's playoffs were on the outside. other than a few train wreck franchises teams are moving in and out. A rebound from EK and we are in way better shape heading in to next year. Too many pieces and too many near ready players to be a disaster. The one area that concerns me is goaltending. We need to be better there.

Guys saying you have to be fast which generally I agree with but look at Boston. A rebound year for Tuukka after a couple of soft years and they look great but I don't know how much speed they have in their three 30 something centres

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think Phaneuf will be gone at the end of this year.

Never thought he's be traded when he signed his current contract ..... but it happened.

Still hearing that "L.A. is interested in him" rumour, from more than one source, so it's possible, and will come at the cost of retained salary, a younger player included in any deal, a "bad" contract coming back, or a combination of some or all.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Our best players havent been our best players,thats really what has gone wrong..You big guns dont show you lose

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
penthouse to the outhouse and back. tons of parity. last I heard about 10 days ago 7 of 16 teams from last year's playoffs were on the outside. other than a few train wreck franchises teams are moving in and out. A rebound from EK and we are in way better shape heading in to next year. Too many pieces and too many near ready players to be a disaster. The one area that concerns me is goaltending. We need to be better there.

Guys saying you have to be fast which generally I agree with but look at Boston. A rebound year for Tuukka after a couple of soft years and they look great but I don't know how much speed they have in their three 30 something centres
Look at all the young guys they’re giving shots too. Those guys can go and there’s no fatigue.

Also Bergeron is an elite elite player.lack of Speed doesnt hinder him like it does average players much like stone. Just because we say we need speed doesn’t mean we’re saying we should get rid of stone

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Yep

The 3 others need to go before him
Boro was only plus d last night and is on a mini point streak (2 games) he's an ideal 5/6 playing 12-15 min a night and is signed to a contract that is perfect for the role. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if teams call on him at the deadline, he'd be ideal for a serious contender in the playoffs.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Boro was only plus d last night and is on a mini point streak (2 games) he's an ideal 5/6 playing 12-15 min a night and is signed to a contract that is perfect for the role. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if teams call on him at the deadline, he'd be ideal for a serious contender in the playoffs.
He brings some life in the cemetery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->