Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (other) Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Man that was a fun game to watch. Now picture that game with Rasmus Dahlin in our lineup.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
They should keep Boro out the remainder of the season so he recovers fully. There is no reason to risk his career and the quality of his post NHL life fighting goons. I blame Dorion for not dressing a bigger more capable forward to handle that job.

Dorion doesn’t make decisions on who is dressed. Also, who is this big forward you’re referring to?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They do what they are told down there don't they? Doesn't KK play the GB system down there? Playing vets with young guys is how they learn how to play in the pros isn't it? Maybe they are just a lousy team & no coach could have done better down there or up here for that matter. They don't seem to be getting any goaltending down there either or maybe there are getting too many goalies? :laugh:
Acquiring selleck and then playing him with any player is hilarious. Randall? That’s our top line tonight I think lol

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Dorion doesn’t make decisions on who is dressed. Also, who is this big forward you’re referring to?

It's Dorion's job to build a winning team and foresee team weaknesses. I'm not suggesting he should have but when he didn't re-sign Neil he should have known it would be a team weakness. It isn't fair to Boro to constantly be the only one who can face the other team's fighter mostly out of his size and weight class and except on occasion it's not even smart to let a D handle that job. The day of the pure goon is past but nonetheless the big forward is the guy Dorion forgot to find or trade for last summer.

Reactions: thinkwild

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Just watched a replay of EK's 500th point as a Senator. What a goal!

And what a douche Tom Wilson is.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm still not convinced that this isn't a good team with really bad goaltending. That wraparound Condon got beat on was an absolute embarrassment and it seems to be assumed that we'll give up at least one bad goal almost every game.

It's no surprise that a team that has given up BY FAR the most goals against is one of the worst in the league this year. I mean we've already given up more goals this year than we did in 82 games last year. Think about that for a second.

How can you be down about the bulk of the roster when things are that bleak in nets?

Then you take into account the special teams and how can you have a good team without above average goaltending or decent special teams?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Some have talked that the Sens have played better lately. It's a mix of different factors, but maybe Boucher is finally trying to change his system that doesn't seem to work very long in the "new NHL"

Since Phaneuf has been traded, so when they kick-started the retool and probably the system change : since February 15th (ES : Even Strength; AS : All Strengths) :

ES CF% : 51.63% (12th)
ES SF% : 50.50% (15th)
ES SCF% : 51.99% (11th)
ES HDCF% : 56.10% (4th)

AS CF% : 52.43% (7th)
AS SF% : 50.87% (12th)
AS SCF% : 53.76% (6th)
AS HDCF% : 55.87% (4th)

And par the course lol :

ES SC SV% : 90.07% (27th)
ES HD SV% : 84.72% (25th)
AS SC SV% : 90.15% (26th)
AS HD SV% : 84.81% (25th)

IMO Sens have to find a way to get rid of Condon's contract and hire a UFA short term (like 2 years) while Gustavsson and Hogberg develop. Here's a list of UFA goalies this summer :

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Lehtonen? Halak? Ward? Johnson? Bernier? Khudobin? Raanta? Dell?

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Some have talked that the Sens have played better lately. It's a mix of different factors, but maybe Boucher is finally trying to change his system that doesn't seem to work very long in the "new NHL"

Since Phaneuf has been traded, so when they kick-started the retool and probably the system change : since February 15th (ES : Even Strength; AS : All Strengths) :

And par the course lol :

IMO Sens have to find a way to get rid of Condon's contract and hire a UFA short term (like 2 years) while Gustavsson and Hogberg develop. Here's a list of UFA goalies this summer :

Dell AND Khudobin please

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

And par the course lol :

Good job for the stats

When you mean hire a short term UFA goalie.. My guess is that you mean a better one then Condon? That would be the logic because after this year Condon have 2 years left like you suggest we should give to another UFA.

I agree we need better goaltending.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
¿¿¿ What happened to Boro did he get hurt in that fight ???

It would seem so Zeke, he came back for a shift after sitting out about 5 mins, but he wasnt right and went right back to the dressing room after that. Guys a scrappy gamer that will take on anyone, but he aint a real top fighter and he's already had concussion issues. He took some good punches. Usually when injured he'll put a bandaid on it and come right back. Lets hope its not another concussion, cant use bandaids for those.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Bring on the Golden Knights.

Is anyone going to stay up and watch this game?

It wasn't a fair game. The Caps played last night. If the Sens had a chance to have a long practice like that too they would have won for sure.

Sens had a full practice on Monday.

They should keep Boro out the remainder of the season so he recovers fully. There is no reason to risk his career and the quality of his post NHL life fighting goons. I blame Dorion for not dressing a bigger more capable forward to handle that job.

Who would that be?

I agree 100% ........... but who should they call up?

Last edited by a moderator:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Or Anderson's?? We need a better stop gap than Anderson/Condon. If we have better goaltending, a new coach and better bottom 6 personnel, this is a playoff team. Upgrading our bottom 6 is relatively easy just don't spend any money on guys like Burrows/Thompson.

Smith Pageau White
Pyatt Brown Formenton/McCormick

This bottom 6 is much better than what we having been throwing on the ice all season long.

Trade Cody Ceci for a #2 Center and we are back in business in no time.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Great entertaining game, the team seems to be playing with a lot more pace now, since we got rid of our slower plugs.

Our goaltending which was once seen one of our strengths has cost us this season and is costing us every night.

Give me Khudobin this summer, I have always wanted him in this team.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I like Pageau as a #2c for the time being. I don't think there will be a huge drop-off from Brassard, who was a tad disappointing here. I hope Boucher gives him a chance to stay with Stone for the rest of the season, given the chance to play more offensive and with better players I think he could be a 45-50ish point player. That's not a great #2 C by any stretch but perhaps good enough until White or Brown are ready.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Great entertaining game, the team seems to be playing with a lot more pace now, since we got rid of our slower plugs.

Our goaltending which was once seen one of our strengths has cost us this season and is costing us every night.

Give me Khudobin this summer, I have always wanted him in this team.
Raanta would be a nice get imo - he has a .923 with the freakin Coyotes and seems to be running under teh radar. But we'd have to lose one of our tenders somehow and that's pretty unlikely. All the moves people bitch about, I think PD's worst was re-signing Anderson so quickly. He was going NOWHERE, there was no need to rush to re-sign him. Giving Condon that much was a mistake too.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They already have Bugerdorfer up, no need for another callup.

The poster I was repling to was suggesting that they sit Boro for the remainder of the season, and with Bugerdorfer being the spare d man on the trip, and if Boro can't play, they'd need another D man for Friday in LV, to be the spare d man.

Was wondering who that would be

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The poster I was repling to was suggesting that they sit Boro for the remainder of the season, and with Bugerdorfer being the spare d man on the trip, and if Boro can't play, they'd need another D man for Friday in LV, to be the spare d man.

Was wondering who that would be

My answer was probably no one. They have an extra dman, he will slide into Boro's spot. Teams only get a certain amount of callups after the trade deadline, also, Uncle Euge isn't paying another body when one is already there.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
My answer was probably no one. They have an extra dman, he will slide into Boro's spot. Teams only get a certain amount of callups after the trade deadline, also, Uncle Euge isn't paying another body when one is already there.

Well they're on a road trip, and IF they're down to just 6 d men, and IF they wanted to call up a d man from Belleville, was just wondering who that might be, as they could just as easily lose another d man.

I don't know who is playing well down in Belleville, but would like to see Andreas Englund.

In any case, Boro might be okay to play by Friday, and perhaps he'd be better of sitting for a game or two for precautionary reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad