Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Meth lab! (Dallas, tonight 8:30 pm on TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
10 hours to g0 :popcorn:
cut.jpg

I miss this guy....... :(

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
We miss the person and partner not the contract. It's kinda working out for us in that we'll get a top three pick because he's gone, though, while Dallas is crippled with the bloatrous contracts to the retirement-ready Spezza, declining Bishop and crippled Méthot. That window is just about to close, and I hope the Senators help with that.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I find this title offensive. I have seen meth labs and they look nothing like the Stars arena.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Paajarvi on the first line.
JOB centering line 3
Chabot with Boro
Ceci-Harpur
Gaborik/Burrows still playing
McCormick sand his one-way contract for next season in the pressbox

Guy Boucher has this team primed for last overall. Worst part is that he and probably Dorion actually believes that this is the best lineup that they can possibly ice.

GET GABORIK IN BUBBLE WRAP YESTERDAY!

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
We miss the person and partner not the contract. It's kinda working out for us in that we'll get a top three pick because he's gone, though, while Dallas is crippled with the bloatrous contracts to the retirement-ready Spezza, declining Bishop and crippled Méthot. That window is just about to close, and I hope the Senators help with that.

Im sure they will figure it out and get creative as most teams do, make no mistake Eugene's sheckle counting is not the norm in the NHL and certainly not pro sports in general.

Anyways after the Vegas blip was nice to see the fellas bounce back with limited effort and secure the loss in Arizona, that was a critical loss imo and we could be looking back at it come draft lottery time and pointing to it as franchise defining lol....assume 17-18 Andy is starting tonight so will go ahead and pencil this in as another loss!

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Paajarvi on the first line.
JOB centering line 3
Chabot with Boro
Ceci-Harpur
Gaborik/Burrows still playing
McCormick sand his one-way contract for next season in the pressbox

Anyways, please renew your season tickets for next season when it’s this same team minus Karlsson

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Methot for Gaborik. Gabby outscored Methot by a billion points.

Pull the trigger Dallas, pull it!

Reactions: Deku

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Be nice to see Methot again, wish he was still playing with us.

He would be, if Phaneuf would have waived his NMC.

Dorion did try to re-acquire Methot from the VGK, but they asked for more than Dorion was willing to give.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
He would be, if we didn't trade for Phaneuf and his crazy contract with the NMC.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Fun fact methot is 5th for toi for the stars in terms of defense

Would he be an upgrade for us sure, but we also got a bit lucky getting out of that contract
The coach is saving him for playoffs, given his injury troubles this season.

I’d be shocked if he weren’t top-3 in TOI for the Stars’ defense come playoff time, especially because his partner, Stephen Johns, is having a great season too.

I’d have to disagree with a lot of that. Dallas doesn’t have any major contracts to re-up this offseason and has plenty of space to get their RFA’s and a few UFA pieces locked up, and Methot and Spezza’s deals are done after next season. Not to mention both still have a good role on the team. Pricey, yes, but very short term.

Bishop has completely changed our team for the much better. The contract is a little long, but far from crippling.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Fun fact methot is 5th for toi for the stars in terms of defense

Would he be an upgrade for us sure, but we also got a bit lucky getting out of that contract

We miss him but his absence is not the reason we lost so many games after Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad