Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Sin City (Beautiful Las Vegas) Fri. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Anderson should be removed in summer. In any cost. He is not NHL material anymore.

I hope so and then we can bump a thread after he goes off to another team and plays great because of knee jerk roster decisions.

We’ve never seen a ton, I mean a ton of goalies play terrible and play great. People were saying Rask was one of the worst in the NHL, Boston should get rid of him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I imagine Condon will bounce back and at least be an adequate backup, but man, that’s too much money for a backup.

With Andy, I wonder how much of his struggles can be attributed to his age. Not looking forward to the next two years between the pipes, but there’s always hope they will be better next year.

I think Andy's year is more mental than an age related decline. Age related would be more gradual I think. Andy fell off a cliff, from a little above average #1 to shouldn't be in the league. hopefully he can bounce back. we are f***ed for a couple of years if he doesn't

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Knew we could down the knights, but did I really just hear Only 7 away wins all season???

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Andy would be harder to move than Ryan imo. Nobody wants him. We're stuck with him. We'll have to hope he has one more bounce Bach season in him.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If you could, who would be the Senator goaltenders for next season?

No idea, I just wish we hadn’t given Andy that extension, and I wish we hadn’t signed Condon for three years. Even if Andy’s extension was for one year and Condon’s deal was for two instead of three we’d be in better shape.

It’s very difficult to move them this off season. We can only hope they bounce back.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I hope so and then we can bump a thread after he goes off to another team and plays great because of knee jerk roster decisions.

We’ve never seen a ton, I mean a ton of goalies play terrible and play great. People were saying Rask was one of the worst in the NHL, Boston should get rid of him.

Who in their right mind ever said that about Rask?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Andy usually has a good year following a bad one, so there's some hope there. Condon, that was just an awful signing. Hammond level.

Condon never should have got that kind of money, but he was good last year. Helped us get in the playoffs. Andy and Condon should be a good tandem, but they’ve both really struggled this season.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No idea, I just wish we hadn’t given Andy that extension, and I wish we hadn’t signed Condon for three years. Even if Andy’s extension was for one year and Condon’s deal was for two instead of three we’d be in better shape.

It’s very difficult to move them this off season. We can only hope they bounce back.

If Condon was not signed, to be the backup, who would you have preferred to have been brought in to be the back up? Was there a better option?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If Condon was not signed, to be the backup, who would you have preferred to have been brought in to be the back up? Was there a better option?

I liked the idea of Condon coming back, I just don’t like the deal they gave him. 2 years at 1.5 or at most 2 per season would have been ok.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The problem was signing BOTH goalies. If you're paying that much to Condon, you're betting on him playing more than a backup would, and if you're paying that much to Anderson, you're betting on him being the clear #1. Which is it?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Who in their right mind ever said that about Rask?

A ton of people. Same goes for Hank too. On HF at least.

Now I’m not personally putting him in the same caliber as those two I’m just saying I feel like people have zero patience when goalies have a bad season. I mean I get it it’s a position that can hurt the Team immensely when you suck, but goalies are players too and can slump.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My concern with Andy is he is night and day when playing as the underdog vs the favourite.

Whenever he is the underdog he is a top 5 goalie in the league. Like I’m Florida, COL and some years here. Whenever there are expectations on him then... Lol he is near bottom 3rd in the league.

It’s no coincident that in the past few years where we needed a win to clinch playoffs it was the likes of Lehner, Condom and Hammond winning those games and being called upon for them. Andy, when required to win, won’t. When required to lose, the guy turns to Godzilla.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Condon never should have got that kind of money, but he was good last year. Helped us get in the playoffs. Andy and Condon should be a good tandem, but they’ve both really struggled this season.

if i remember correctly leafs were in on condon in the offseason and i think thats why we went overboard on dollars and years

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Friday night Vegas trip where you get to see your fave team seems great. I’m not much of a gambler so I’ve never been to Vegas but it’s definitely on the itinerary as a trip now in the future.

See a Sens game and stuff my face at seafood buffets. Seems like a fun time.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I liked the idea of Condon coming back, I just don’t like the deal they gave him. 2 years at 1.5 or at most 2 per season would have been ok.

With no NHL ready goaltender in the Senators system, there was little choice other than Condon, and he and his agent knew it, and there were really no other viable back ups (with NHL experience) available through free agency ........ so they may have held the upper hand in negotiations, and hence the third year.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Was it just me or were there a ton of Sens fans at the game last night

It's really a home run market for the NHL currently.

Vegas is a destination already, they are the only pro game in town, and an NHL game of your favourite team is a perfect addition to pretty much any trip. Bachelor party? Yep. Business convention? Yep. Winter weekend getaway? Yep.

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->