Pre-Game Talk: SENS in California (Ducks), Wed. 10:00pm on TSN

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by Back In Black, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burrowsaurus

Burrowsaurus Registered User

Well our last management group was fooled by the run where we got to the second round and got absolutely rag dolled by penguins. There's a pattern here and every single person can see it. We're good. Then we're horrid. Then we're seemingly good. Then we're horrid. Guys. That does. Not. Happen with good GMs!

The only time we've been decent two years in a row since 08 was macleans first two years. And then what happened? Management and coaching again went in opposite directions

2. Samboni

Samboni Registered User

Sadly, the Sens are quickly turning into the league's whipping boys. Whenever an opposing team or player is due for a big game, the Sens will bend over and give in. They just can't get their act together and they are very frustrating to cheer for.

3. Bileur

Bileur Registered User

Dorion needs to go.

Sens of Anarchy likes this.
  4. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Earn'em and Burn'em

Hope we bottom out ASAP here, I for one appreciated Dorion taking a shot last year and early this year and going for it in an Ottawa way, as we see now it didn't work out but at the time and during last years run most seemed on board....way she goes I guess.

I hope we can track in on a top 5 pick here because nothing short of a miracle will turn this team around....they have had enough chances to bring the effort and it simply has not been there, time to move on from the group and look to re-tool and or rebuild. Only things left to cheer for is a high draft pick and that the team is sold. Im terrified though that will find someway to screw up the top draft pick we so desperately need going forward.

5. TNUOC ALUCARD

TNUOC ALUCARD Registered User

Agree with all these points. Would also suggest that in the latter stages of the third period, when it was obvious to anyone in attendance, of watching the game (on TV) that Burrows was one of the few players that kept playing hard until the final buzzer went.

There were a few noticeable "coasters" near the end of the game.

6. Burrowsaurus

Yourenright but that was the ONLY time I noticed burrows. He wasn't buzzing all game. He came hard late. When the Ducks dialed it back a couple notches. I knew after that 3-0. Goal and he threw out the fourth line and they got Ozone time some one was gonna come here and talk about their effort. Dumont was noticeable all game. For good reasons. Burrows. No.

And don't come back with "wow blaming burrows for all this team trouble huh? What about x player and y player?! "

Being a fourth line players seems so sweet. All you have to do is dump a puck in and the coaches love you and some fans are like "wow. What more could you want for 2.5 mil".

Icelevel likes this.
  7. TNUOC ALUCARD

Colin White is struggling in Belleville right now, doubt he's near the top of the "call up list" at this time. 15 games, 8 points and a minus 7.

8. Sensung

Sensung Registered User

Did the NHL pass a rule stating the Sens couldn't accept draft picks if they trade off assets?

9. Burrowsaurus

You say that as if suddenly switching over to a rebuild would look good inboxed management?

No one here expects that from Dorion, realistically.

We are in win now mode without the wins and without the play. T'is the course

10. TNUOC ALUCARD

Guess we should all learn the words, eh?

11. BondraTime

BondraTime Registered User

Of course they can, I fail to see what that has to do with starting a rebuild without the building blocks you need (you know, your own picks that are the reward for being a bad team). Who cares if we sell off our guys this year, if we do bad next year we are just giving Colorado a top pick. I guess we would get a better pick this year, but what do we do the year after? Why would we want to rebuild without the one piece you need?

You don't start a rebuild (successful one anyways) after giving away a 1st/1st/2nd/2nd/2nd/3rd and a 23 year old 2nd line C for older guys that are supposed to help the team win now.

Do you think Dorian is going to throw egg on his face and trade off guys after going all in the past 1.5 years?

I hope he does for sure, but wouldn't count on it.

12. jbeck5

jbeck5 Registered User

I noticed burrows skate hard all game...for the first time this season. Don't know what game you were watching. He's obviously not worth 2.5 lol.

13. Not Jared Cowen

Not Jared Cowen Registered User

As long as he takes Melnyk with him. I think both those trades have Eugene's hands all over them.

14. Burrowsaurus

A guy skating hard isn't enough. That's the bare minimum

15. Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle wee & free

Dude....

16. Alex1234

Alex1234 Registered User

Feels like they quit on the coach

Not a lack of talent but they are as disorganised as the top shelf in my garage

They dont follow any structure
    They Miss assignement all the time

It would echo what some people said about not liking Boucher because the “system” is impossible to maintain for a long period of time

We need someone firm like a Hartley to right the ship because its a mess out there right now not even being able to score one single goal against Anaheim who played the night before

Something has to happen or were going to lose 80% of next games

Deku likes this.
  17. TNUOC ALUCARD

Burrows played hard the entire game, as did Dumont and Thompson.
    Dzingel may have been their hardest working forward, in the top six.

Still now enough to win games though.

18. TNUOC ALUCARD

He was finishing his checks as well ........... I watched the entire game, and if you did, then perhaps you missed it?

19. bert

bert Registered User

Home Page:
    Has Dorion actually made a single decision this season. I honestly feel like it's been Boucher or Melnyk every time.

Icelevel likes this.
  20. Burrowsaurus

Henfinished his checks? ON TOP of skating hard ? Bargain at 2.5.
    The "he skated hard knight in shining armor" will never get me excited. NOT at this level.

21. SensTrader

SensTrader Registered User

Only three teams have the same or lower ROW than the Senators...

22. Chezzz

Chezzz Registered User

This is the exact same management group with the exact same philosophy on building a professional hockey team. Only difference is that Bryan Murray is no longer with us.

23. coladin

coladin Registered User

Why don't you do something productive and worry about the top 6 as we did get shutout. Again. Or did Burrows put stuff in their water bottles too?

24. TNUOC ALUCARD

Look, he was one of the few players, that played hard the entire game.

You just want to dump on everyone, no matter what.

Ok, I get it, nothing of any value from any player last night. That's your opinion, and not to many people agree with you though.

The Sens made a Dead line deal for Burrows last spring for the Playoffs, and it included a two year extension to his contract...... and Dorion probably saw that as being a replacement for (then) the slow and hardly playing Neil, for the following two seasons.

You seem to get hung up of his salary, and probably expect way too much out of him because of that, but most of us just look at what happens on the ice, in games like last night...... and he was one of a few that played hard from beginning to the end.

25. Sensung

Sensung Registered User

The "go for it" mentality that Dorion displayed in his moves made sense and should be the course for at least the next month.

If the management group decides to go into rebuild mode, they will recoup picks and the picture will look significantly different than it does right now.

I know some posters love to compete for the sky is falling Chicken Little award, but in doing so, they paint completely unrealistic scenarios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.