Pre-Game Talk: SENS in California (Ducks), Wed. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It baffles me why the the Sens PP doesn't use one-timers. Like, hardly ever. It's the simplest PP strategy there is - one pass, two pass, bammo.
I don't get this either. We have open nets but we hold on to the puck and wait for everyone to settle, then we shoot.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
im actually so happy this team isn't just lightly suckign where they finish a couple of spots out of a playoff spot, a season like this can finally start the rebuild on a elite draft.
We can't even rebuild properly at the moment because either this year's pick or next is going to Colorado.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Okay. No. He will probably never be this. I fought against this kind of hype when he was here. The trade wasn't great tho

I used to think like you, but he's 24 and this year was the most productive player on the Rangers until he went down recently. He's not far off from a 70-pts player right now. We got another streaky player to replace him that right now looks like he can barely play in the NHL.

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
i'm not expecting a win tomorrow but if we can't get at least a point out of san jose and a win out of buffalo there is no hope left for this season.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
TSN1200 post game show: AJ says he heard a tip in the fall from someone in Vancouver that knows Kyle Turris' dad who said that Turris didn't like Boucher and he'd be moving on.

He said to take it with a grain of salt but that's what he was told.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would love to be a fly on the wall for the upcoming Dorion Melnyk conversations.
I wannna be the fly on the wall when Dorion tells boucher he found a player available that boucher coached in 2000 on the RN Huskies. Some happiness around this team wouldn't hurt

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Damn it AJ, stop repeating that BS about Turris wanting out. He was happy in Ottawa. Dorion just never wanted to re-sign him if he could get Duchene. So annoyed that they keep rehashing that unfounded crap.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
TSN1200 post game show: AJ says he heard a tip in the fall from someone in Vancouver that knows Kyle Turris' dad who said that Turris didn't like Boucher and he'd be moving on.

So he was firm on a 7-8 year deal in the hopes that he'd outlast the coach?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I used to think like you, but he's 24 and this year was the most productive player on the Rangers until he went down recently. He's not far off from a 70-pts player right now. We got another streaky player to replace him that right now looks like he can barely play in the NHL.
He does not have the drive to be that consistent of a point getter.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He said to take it with a grain of salt but that's what he was told.
Boucher probably gave him so much shit for not being a left handed top six center.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Boucher probably gave him so much **** for not being a left handed top six center.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You're missing the point amigo: If this team ever does a rebuild, it will involve us needing to draft high, which won't happen if we are missing next year's pick.

Ok ... so let's just say for argument sake we can trade Duchene and get 2 1st round picks... one in 2018 and one in 2019 ... we have just recouped a 2019 pick... We could maybe trade Ceci for a 1st in 2019 .. we get a 2019 pick back.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Ok ... so let's just say for argument sake we can trade Duchene and get 2 1st round picks... one in 2018 and one in 2019 ... we have just recouped a 2019 pick... We could maybe trade Ceci for a 1st in 2019 .. we get a 2019 pick back.
That's IF we don't repeat this year's performance and our pick isn't top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad