Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Arizona, tonight 8:00pm on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Tanking is very logical if their is no hope of making the playoffs. You have a better chance of getting a good draft pick.

Except it isn't. With the new lottery odds, the advantage of finishing lower in the standings does not outweigh the cost of having a losing culture permeate into the team. See: The Oilers.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
For those who don’t remember :

I am still haunted by this every night

If someone would make a video with all the Sens goalies gaffs of recent years with the Benny Hill theme, that’d be really funny (and sad)

If our goalie stayed in the net every time they come out of the crease instead we would have at least 50 GA less

Reactions: Xspyrit

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If our goalie stayed in the net every time they come out of the crease instead we would have at least 50 GA less

We might also have no healthy defensemen, as a result we would have 50 GA extra.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Except it isn't. With the new lottery odds, the advantage of finishing lower in the standings does not outweigh the cost of having a losing culture permeate into the team. See: The Oilers.

But last year they had a winning culture.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I don't know... this was pretty dumb:

I think I was at that game - up in the 300s on the opposite end. The Toronto playoff games are all merging together in a ball of hate. The reason you couldn’t pay me to see the Leafs at the CTC.

I was soooo mad that they didn’t throw the book at Joseph, kick him out of the game.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We might also have no healthy defensemen, as a result we would have 50 GA extra.
Don't get me wrong
They are not guilty of anything
No one is blaming the goalies here
They are outstanding if you consider the D in front of them
Vezina voters are going to miss the mark again

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
2 games 2 goals for JGP....hmmm..maybe he can slot into the 2nd C after all.
He’ll could score an own goal on OT of game 7 of the SCF, and he’ll still get a pass from me, if only for that game against the Canadiens. My all time favourite Senators game ever.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
He’ll could score an own goal on OT of game 7 of the SCF, and he’ll still get a pass from me, if only for that game against the Canadiens. My all time favourite Senators game ever.

Yeah that was a great game...I still think his 4 goal performance against the Rangers last year was more impressive though.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Yeah that was a great game...I still think his 4 goal performance against the Rangers last year was more impressive though.
Sure, but that one had the line brawl, Therrien finally losing it after being trolled by McLean, the start of the Pageau chant. And I got to watch it in a pub with my Habs-loving in-laws, while they paid :)

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Don't get me wrong
They are not guilty of anything
No one is blaming the goalies here
They are outstanding if you consider the D in front of them
Vezina voters are going to miss the mark again

I’m not saying either goalie is good at playing the puck, but there’s value in playing the puck.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

You’re also the same person who thinks Pierre Dorion is a genius. Forgive me if I don’t take your opinion too seriously.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
It’s not about the lottery odds. It’s about not falling far.

A team can’t drop more than 3 spots, so if the Senators pass three teams to finish 6th worse, they are guaranteed #9. Isn’t it better to be guaranteed 5 or 6 (or even 4)?

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->