Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #10

Who is the Sens #10 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Players from the top-30 in 2020 who have graduated since (and still with the organization) :

Drake Batherson, Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021

(1) Tim Stutzle (53 GP)
1- Jake Sanderson (95.0%)
(2) Josh Norris (59 GP)
2- Shane Pinto (71.2%)
3- Erik Brännström (46.1%)
4- Tyler Boucher (28.6%)
5- Alex Formenton (53.2%)
6- Ridly Greig (43.8%)
7- Filip Gustavsson (43.6%)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (74.1%)
9- Egor Sokolov (51.2%)
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

However, this year there will be 2 exceptions to AVOID massive turmoil. Like SensBrawler said to me "It's a weird situation due to the shortened season. In most years, they would have easily graduated."

So Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) are going to be considered graduated. The panel of Sens prospect polls experts think that the majority of people would still consider Brannstrom as a prospect, even though he has more games than them (63 GP), so he's going to be among options.

Order of the next prospects to be added :

Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Vitali Abramov
Oliver Johansson
Carson Latimer
Philippe Daoust
Viktor Lodin
Maxence Guénette
Jonathan Aspirot
Parker Kelly
Cole Reinhardt
Mark Kastelic
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Eric Engstrand
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Players from the top-30 in 2020 who have graduated since (and still with the organization) :

Drake Batherson, Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021

(1) Tim Stutzle (53 GP)
1- Jake Sanderson (95.0%)
(2) Josh Norris (59 GP)
2- Shane Pinto (71.2%)
3- Erik Brännström (46.1%)
4- Tyler Boucher (28.6%)
5- Alex Formenton (53.2%)
6- Ridly Greig (43.8%)
7- Filip Gustavsson (43.6%)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (74.1%)
9- Egor Sokolov (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #9)
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

However, this year there will be 2 exceptions to AVOID massive turmoil. Like SensBrawler said to me "It's a weird situation due to the shortened season. In most years, they would have easily graduated."

So Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) are going to be considered graduated. The panel of Sens prospect polls experts think that the majority of people would still consider Brannstrom as a prospect, even though he has more games than them (63 GP), so he's going to be among options.

Order of the next prospects to be added :

Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Vitali Abramov
Oliver Johansson
Carson Latimer
Philippe Daoust
Viktor Lodin
Maxence Guénette
Jonathan Aspirot
Parker Kelly
Cole Reinhardt
Mark Kastelic
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Eric Engstrand
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Another way to look at it is a hypothetical trade.
Would I trade Kleven for L Brown as an example?
Would I trade Jarventie for L. Brown?
If you answer or lean no to one or both of those you probably should not rank L Brown above them.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Another way to look at it is a hypothetical trade.
Would I trade Kleven for L Brown as an example?
Would I trade Jarventie for L. Brown?
If you answer or lean no to one or both of those you probably should not rank L Brown above them.

I personally do a re-draft and go BPA.

I don't care about position (although in terms of value I have D > F > G), I don't care if they're ever going to play for Ottawa or not. If the last point is important for some voters (even though it shouldn't), then Erik Brannstrom and Logan Brown are going to be low on their list but the reality is they clearly have NHL talent. I believe they will eventually end up in the right system/situation that will allow them to break out in the NHL

That being said, I think we have been very "patient" in general with Logan Brown (and we should be) but it's totally normal that you'd have people higher on Jarventie or Kleven for example. Those guys haven't been injury prone and are much younger.

Look at Logan Brown's position in these rankings over the years :

2016 : 2nd
2017 : 3rd
2018 : 3rd
2019 : 3rd
2020 : 6th
2021 : 10th?

He only started to drop last year and this year too but these 2 pools are also much better than normal with the strength of that 2020 draft

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Gotta give L.Brown his respect. We saw him absolutely toy with everyone in his last two bingo games. He still has top line level skill; his inconsistencies and injuries are what's made him drop dramatically--but I feel 10 low enough.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Still have hope for Brown like I did for Paul. He will be a player, he just needs to remain healthy and be given actual opportunities outside of the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad