Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (18th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 96.67%
2. Colin White C 6'01'' USA (Boston College, NCAA) 85.33%
3. Logan Brown C 6'06'' USA/CAN (Windsor Spitfires, OHL) 79.71%
4. Filip Chlapik C 6'02'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 47.37%
5. Fredrik Claesson D 6'01'' SWE (Ottawa Senators, NHL) 29.17%
6. Shane Bowers C 6'01'' CAN (Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL) 32.00%
7. Christian Jaros D 6'03'' SVK (Lulea HF, SHL) 49.30%
8. Ben Harpur D 6'06'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 55.74%
9. Nick Paul C 6'04'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 40.58%
10. Francis Perron RW 6'00'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 37.50%
11. Andreas Englund D 6'04'' SWE (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 53.73%
12. Marcus Hogberg G 6'05'' SWE (Linkoping HC, SHL) 59.62%
13. Alex Formenton LW 6'01'' CAN (London Knights, OHL) 68.29%
14. Christian Wolanin D 6'01'' USA/CAN (University of North Dakota, NCAA) 26.67%
15. Maxime Lajoie D 6'01'' CAN (Swift Current Broncos, WHL) 54.55%
16. Chris Driedger G 6'03'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 34.09% (Won Tiebreaker)
17. Drake Batherson C 6'01'' CAN/USA (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL) 62.50%

image.jpg

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2128929&highlight=

Who should I add next?

Cody Donaghey
Vincent Dunn

Added Erkamps

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
People will have a better idea of what Nurmi is at this year's juniors team. Should play a more prominent role for Finland.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Gendron for me. 6'3 guys who can really skate often find a future in the NHL even if they don't show any offensive promise. See Methot, Marc, for reference.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gendron for me. 6'3 guys who can really skate often find a future in the NHL even if they don't show any offensive promise. See Methot, Marc, for reference.

When Gendron adds 40 pds, you can start comparing him to Methot... not at all similar imo, and I really liked Gendron as a dark horse prospect.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Gagne. He could be an NHL guy. Or he could be nothing. Perhaps other guys remaining end up at a higher level, but their odds of being NHL players are quite low. Gagne has the tools to be an NHL player. But he also has the look of a guy who could end up going nowhere.

It seems like it's entirely up to him how his career goes. I'd like to think he does what it takes to take the next step.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Gagne. He could be an NHL guy. Or he could be nothing. Perhaps other guys remaining end up at a higher level, but their odds of being NHL players are quite low. Gagne has the tools to be an NHL player. But he also has the look of a guy who could end up going nowhere.

It seems like it's entirely up to him how his career goes. I'd like to think he does what it takes to take the next step.

Yeah I voted Gagne because out of everyone left he has the biggest potential. He could still figure things out and discover how to play as a pro to become a legit prospect.

The rest of the bunch doesn't have much upside. Burgess missed the biggest season of his career. I need to see more of Nurmi but he's my next in line. Then it's going to be Gendron to round out the Top-20

As for Hollett, maybe he'll be good but goalies need a lot of time. Same for Daccord, he needs time.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Probably, I still voted for him anyway, though :)

What type of potential do you see in Nurmi? Don't know too much about him but what I've heard is that he has a good shot at being a contributing bottom 3 fwd.

Bottom 6er ... needs to add muscle. Plays determined. Good on the boards. Likes to play physical. Has some skill.

Comments from the Fin U20 thread on the international board.

3-2 win for Finland goals by Koivula, Tuulola and Moilanen.

- Luukkonen was extremely solid in net. Two goals he allowed were impossible to save.

- Vaakanainen can really skate, was more active on the offensive end than last season.

- Salo, Kotkansalo and Välimäki all looked pretty solid, couple of mistakes here and there but it's summer..

- Niemeläinen looked slow, took a couple of stupid penalties. Needs to step up his game, playing in Liiga should be good for him.

- Defense should look a lot better with Heiskanen, Juolevi and Jokiharju, not too much offensive skill from the back end in this game.

- First line of Turkulainen-Kuokkanen-Koivula was our best line on the offensive end. Koivula scored with a nice wrist shot from the slot and was dangerous all game long, showed some hands and made some really nice passes on the offensive zone. Kuokkanen looked solid at center and Turkulainen showed that he belongs on this team.

- The second line with Ikonen, Räsänen and Nurmi didn't really work that well.

- Ikonen didn't have the puck on his stick much, he really needs
more skill(Vesalainen?) on his line to be effective. Tried to do all by himself. Might be better to play him at center than wing too.

- Nurmi was really good on the PK and made some really nice plays on the defensive end, should play on more of a defensive role rather than top 6. Also showed some skills on the offensive end in few shifts. Should be good option for the WJC team.

- Tuulola scored but the third line really didn't show any chemistry. Luostarinen looked pretty lost out there for a 2nd round pick. Innala has some offensive skills but his end product is lacking.

- The fourth line with Talvie-Koppanen-Moilanen looked really good all game long. Koppanen was good on the PK and faceoffs, Talvitie setup Moilanen for a nice goal and both were physical all game.

When asked what his chances of making the U20 team;
He is contending for a spot in the fourth line. It probably requires that he can stick with the TPS in Liiga and have a regular spot there to be selected to the WJC. But fairly good chances still.

Last edited:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Nice, thank you SoA.

I remember hearing a comparison to Alex Chiasson, which I would be pretty thrilled with from a #18 ranked prospect. Someone who can come in, fill a bottom 6 role for cheap and let you pay the stars properly.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
When Gendron adds 40 pds, you can start comparing him to Methot... not at all similar imo, and I really liked Gendron as a dark horse prospect.

1. I'm pretty sure Marc Methot was not 230 lbs when drafted, but touche. Even if Gendron were to top out at a very reasonable 210 he'd still be big enough, have a good reach and be more of a plus skater than Meth.
2. The point wasn't to say they play a similar game but rather to show that players whose stats are poor as they develop may end up as good prospects.

I was never really saying that they are similar players other than the fact that they have good size and skate really well. Those are things that keep prospects around NHL organizations. That's all.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice, thank you SoA.

I remember hearing a comparison to Alex Chiasson, which I would be pretty thrilled with from a #18 ranked prospect. Someone who can come in, fill a bottom 6 role for cheap and let you pay the stars properly.

I watched him today vs Canada ... he did not do much so yah I get the Chiasson comparison. He is tall and thin so he needs to bulk up to Chiasson's size. He is not very nimble .. his skating needs work. Skills are minimal for this level. This will be a big year for him developmentally. I thought he looked better at the dev camp than he did today but that could have something to do with the level of players around him as well so no big swing and a miss at this stage if you didn't vote for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad