Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (16th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Matt Puempel LW 6'00'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 36.36%
2. Nick Paul LW/C 6'03'' CAN (North Bay Battalion, OHL) 53.57%
3. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 40.91%
4. Shane Prince LW 5'11'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 41.74%
5. Colin White C 6'00'' USA (U.S. National Under-18 Team, USHL) 66.09%
6. Matt O'Connor G 6'06'' CAN (Boston University, H-East) 61.00%
7. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'00'' SWE (Frolunda, SHL) 31.33%
8. Gabriel Gagne RW 6'05'' CAN (Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL) 32.74%
9. Tobias Lindberg RW 6'03'' SWE (Oshawa Generals, OHL) 45.00%
10. Filip Chlapik C 6'01'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 65.79%
11. Fredrik Claesson D 6'00'' SWE (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 39.02%
12. Ryan Dzingel LW/C 6'00'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 27.38% (Won Tiebreaker)
13. Andreas Englund D 6'03'' SWE (Djurgardens, SHL) 40.30%
14. Marcus Hogberg G 6'04'' SWE (Linkopings, SHL) 41.43%
15. Ben Harpur D 6'06'' CAN (Guelph Storm/Barrie Colts, OHL) 27.69%
16. ?

2014 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727077

Added Shore

Who should I add next?
Tim Boyle
Vincent Dunn
Chris Leblanc
Troy Rutkowski
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Debated between Ahl and Gendron. I doubt Gendron will make it, and Ahl is also a long shot, but I think Gendron has the ability to be a really nice top 4 guy. Not too sure about Ahl but his skills and potential are intriguing. Normally I don't like voting for a guy I don't really know anything about, but this late in the prospect pool... meh. Went with Ahl.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Driedger. It will be a good battle between him and O'Connor in Binghamton.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Robinson is getting underrated here. Probably the most NHL ready forward still in Binghamton and could be the first guy called up if injuries hit.

6'5, 235lbs, amazing skater, decent hands. Could be molded into an excellent bottom 6 forward.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Robinson is getting underrated here. Probably the most NHL ready forward still in Binghamton and could be the first guy called up if injuries hit.

6'5, 235lbs, amazing skater, decent hands. Could be molded into an excellent bottom 6 forward.

Couldn't agree more.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

How so? Both Schneider and McCormick are better players with more upside and more NHL ready. How could Robinson be underrated? What has he done to be rated ahead of them or anyone else already voted?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How so? Both Schneider and McCormick are better players with more upside and more NHL ready. How could Robinson be underrated? What has he done to be rated ahead of them or anyone else already voted?

Idk, but Richardson gushes over Robinson's play (not saying he doesn't do the same for the others). Robinson to me seems like a better fit on a shutdown line than Schneider. McCormick has yet to turn his potential into production.

Robinson's skill set seems to exceed what you'd expect from his college production; I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing in terms of projecting outward, but I can see why some people would be high on him as a bottom 6 prospect.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Picked Daccord. I have no logical reason why.....just have a gut feeling about this kid. Four years from now, this kid is going to be #1 or 2 in our prospect pool....he'll be the one rival GMs will be phoning and begging for in every trade.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

I agree. Robinson gets overrated because of his size. He's a big softy that doesnt use it so he might as well be 5'10".

Id put Schneider up even above Dzingel at the 12 spot. He damn near scored 30 goals and isnt even that old at 24.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Picked Daccord. I have no logical reason why.....just have a gut feeling about this kid. Four years from now, this kid is going to be #1 or 2 in our prospect pool....he'll be the one rival GMs will be phoning and begging for in every trade.
I kinda have the same feeling. I thought he looked really good for a kid his age. I see talent there - and he's supposedly a very hard worker.

I hope he is able to develop properly - he's due to see a ton of pucks and with a new program after this year he'll probably have **** stats but that might actually help him as long as he doesn't lose confidence. I am looking forward to following him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I agree. Robinson gets overrated because of his size. He's a big softy that doesnt use it so he might as well be 5'10".

Id put Schneider up even above Dzingel at the 12 spot. He damn near scored 30 goals and isnt even that old at 24.

While he isn't overly physical, he certainly uses his size to win battles, his reach to help break up plays, and his body to protect the puck. I think there is as much underrating him because he doesn't use his size as there is overrating him because of his size. Truth lies somewhere in between.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
While he isn't overly physical, he certainly uses his size to win battles, his reach to help break up plays, and his body to protect the puck. I think there is as much underrating him because he doesn't use his size as there is overrating him because of his size. Truth lies somewhere in between.

I totally agree! Really, his size is an asset because he has an impressive reach and can protect the puck that way. It's very hard to knock a guy that's 240 pds off the puck. Robinson isn't a very physical guy but he is a very good player nonetheless and I think I have never seen in my life a 6'5'' 240 pounds guy skate as good as him. He has good hands and is very agile for his size, is very reponsible at both ends of the ice and even plays PK. Right now, he could easily play on the 4rth line and even Murray said towards last years deadline that he would like Robinson to get a shot(along with Wideman) in the NHL because he's done so well in previous camps and Richardsson seems to like him also and puts him in important situations. I don't know why he wasn't called up last season to replace Chiasson when he was playing poorly. I hope he gets his shot this season and I think he could become a Brian Boyle type of guy sooner than later. He is one of our most NHL ready prospect right now. His ceiling isn't very high but he is a guy that will definitely get a shot here or somewhere else in the next 2 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad