Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (14th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Matt Puempel LW 6'00'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 36.36%
2. Nick Paul LW/C 6'03'' CAN (North Bay Battalion, OHL) 53.57%
3. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 40.91%
4. Shane Prince LW 5'11'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 41.74%
5. Colin White C 6'00'' USA (U.S. National Under-18 Team, USHL) 66.09%
6. Matt O'Connor G 6'06'' CAN (Boston University, H-East) 61.00%
7. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'00'' SWE (Frolunda, SHL) 31.33%
8. Gabriel Gagne RW 6'05'' CAN (Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL) 32.74%
9. Tobias Lindberg RW 6'03'' SWE (Oshawa Generals, OHL) 45.00%
10. Filip Chlapik C 6'01'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 65.79%
11. Fredrik Claesson D 6'00'' SWE (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 39.02%
12. Ryan Dzingel LW/C 6'00'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 27.38% (Won Tiebreaker)
13. Andreas Englund D 6'03'' SWE (Djurgardens, SHL) 40.30%
14. ?

2014 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727077

Added Wolanin

Who should I add next?
Tim Boyle
Vincent Dunn
Chris Leblanc
Quentin Shore
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Going with the back to back 20+ goal scorer in the AHL, Cole Schneider, once more.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Going with the back to back 20+ goal scorer in the AHL, Cole Schneider, once more.

Interesting pick. He's a guy who has two big questions to me - can he score in the NHL, and, - more importantly for us - can he score from the third line?

If he can, I think he's a good pick here and likely should be higher. If he can't, just another AHLer who doesn't have enough elements to make it in the bigs. I definitely think he has the ability to be a player for us, but I think that just like Dzingel, he will need to prove it in tough circumstances. Neither have that top 6 ability, and both still have a lot to prove before being considered in a bottom 6 role.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hogberg...again. Honestly don't see what seperates him and MOC that much. Obviously the hype around MOC helps raise him up a few spots, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Hogberg eventually passes him on the depth chart.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Went with jaros again but really I don't know who to pick now. I like most of the guys left but not sure of the real potential in a lot of them.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hogberg...again. Honestly don't see what seperates him and MOC that much. Obviously the hype around MOC helps raise him up a few spots, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Hogberg eventually passes him on the depth chart.

I dont think MOC and Hogberg are far apart but personally i would of had a lot of skaters ahead of o'connor

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I dont think MOC and Hogberg are far apart but personally i would of had a lot of skaters ahead of o'connor

Same here to be honest. I would've had them both back to back, somewhere around #10. Just curious to see why the rest of the fanbase thinks theres a seperation though.

Othello*

Same here to be honest. I would've had them both back to back, somewhere around #10. Just curious to see why the rest of the fanbase thinks theres a seperation though.

Because O'Connor is seen as the goalie of the future according to Murray and he's probably going to play in Ottawa long before Hogberg.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Because O'Connor is seen as the goalie of the future according to Murray and he's probably going to play in Ottawa long before Hogberg.

Unless Hammond absolutely tanks it'll still take 2-3 years for MOC to make it to the NHL. Hogberg will be in NA by then and could be pushing for a spot himself. I don't doubt MOC will get the first shot at it, but to me Hogberg's upside is up there with MOC.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

He is a lot more sound positionally than Hogberg. I voted Robinson, but almost voted Hogberg. My feeling is that O'Connor should be in the top 5. From all I've seen in videos and at camp, O'Connor was a hell of a signing.

Othello*

Hogberg
Robinson
Harpur/Summers

Although Robinsons numbers in the AHL don't stand he would be better in a fourth line told than some of our current players like Chiasson,Michalek and Neil

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
marcus_hogberg_sweden_080713.jpg

Should be seeded around 9-11. The good news is, it seems like we have some quality prospects.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Going with Ahl. Seems to me he has a lot of potential and pedigree. Just had a bad year in the SHL. I think he will be better and more focused now that he's part of the sens organization.
6'4 212 teenager that has been a good scorer at every level till 15 games in the SHL

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
i am leaving for the weekend(wont have internet access) and wont be back till Monday night so i likely wont get to vote for #15

it should be a close vote and likely end up with a tiebreaker(or maybe not) which i will be back for.

but just in case it matters(example 1 more vote and it is a tiebreaker) my vote for #15 is for Harpur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad