Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (13th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Matt Puempel LW 6'00'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 36.36%
2. Nick Paul LW/C 6'03'' CAN (North Bay Battalion, OHL) 53.57%
3. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 40.91%
4. Shane Prince LW 5'11'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 41.74%
5. Colin White C 6'00'' USA (U.S. National Under-18 Team, USHL) 66.09%
6. Matt O'Connor G 6'06'' CAN (Boston University, H-East) 61.00%
7. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'00'' SWE (Frolunda, SHL) 31.33%
8. Gabriel Gagne RW 6'05'' CAN (Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL) 32.74%
9. Tobias Lindberg RW 6'03'' SWE (Oshawa Generals, OHL) 45.00%
10. Filip Chlapik C 6'01'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 65.79%
11. Fredrik Claesson D 6'00'' SWE (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 39.02%
12. Ryan Dzingel LW/C 6'00'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 27.38% (Won Tiebreaker)
13. ?

2014 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727077

Added Baillargeon

Who should I add next?
Tim Boyle
Vincent Dunn
Chris Leblanc
Quentin Shore
Christian Wolanin
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hogberg is on pace to be just as good as O'Connor. He's nearly an equal prospect.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Got the feeling that Hogberg and Englund will run neck and neck for the next two spots.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Buddy Robinson, he is closer to playing in the NHL than everyone else who is left.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i take jaros over englund 10 times out of 10. cause i've seen them play.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Upside doesn't fit into your criteria?

Upside is basically a guess as to who you think might be the better player. At the moment Robinson is the closest to making the Sens & everyone else left on the board IMO make never make the Sens. Potentially a few might but realistically with such a young team they could more likely be trade bait.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Buddy Robinson, he is closer to playing in the NHL than everyone else who is left.

Probably true in my view at this time. But that will likely change over the next season. I don't see Robinson as anything more than another Schubert/Greening/Chaisson type of player.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
What exactly have you "seen"? What are their respective strengths and weaknesses?

jaros is a strong, smart, hard player and pretty solid all over the ice.
englund has always looked relatively weak, makes lots of mistakes, doesn't battle, and no offense ability (so it's strong defence or bust imo. and i just haven't seen that from him)

so jaros - better skater, more physical, smarter, more offensive potential. from what i've seen.

#26 (recent)

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009

I'd like Robinson a lot more if he had any sort of offense. 12 goals in Bingo last year does not inspire a lot of confidence in his ability in the NHL. He's big and fast, but does he do much else? Honestly, I'm asking as I have only seen him play a handful of games.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I'd like Robinson a lot more if he had any sort of offense. 12 goals in Bingo last year does not inspire a lot of confidence in his ability in the NHL. He's big and fast, but does he do much else? Honestly, I'm asking as I have only seen him play a handful of games.

Coach Richardson says he is an elite(?maybe he said excellent?) defensive forward in the AHL. says he creates turnovers with his forechecks and is getting stronger and more comfortable.
I was hoping for more offense from him this year, but still respectable. He's in competition for a spot is probably all we can say now.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Coach Richardson says he is an elite(?maybe he said excellent?) defensive forward in the AHL. says he creates turnovers with his forechecks and is getting stronger and more comfortable.
I was hoping for more offense from him this year, but still respectable. He's in competition for a spot is probably all we can say now.

They also said that about Derek Grant.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
jaros is a strong, smart, hard player and pretty solid all over the ice.
englund has always looked relatively weak, makes lots of mistakes, doesn't battle, and no offense ability (so it's strong defence or bust imo. and i just haven't seen that from him)

so jaros - better skater, more physical, smarter, more offensive potential. from what i've seen.

I agree, I just don't see what the organization sees in this guy from the last two development camps he has attended. He looks weak & meek although he is a decent skater & passer but seems to crack under any kind of pressure. Maybe it has something to do with the transition game & his ability to get the puck out of their own end quickly but Jaros IMO is the much better player & much more physical, I don't think it is even close.

Well, he is projected to be a 4th line player I believe to eventually replace Neil on that 4th line, but Chiasson might be in a position to challenge for that spot as well if he doesn't win the 3rd line RW job. IMO Robinson could be one of those players that is better suited to the NHL game than the AHL game, he would be an excellent screen in front of the net on the PP & as already mentioned he is an excellent defensive forward. It's not the scoring of more goals than bothers me about him although that would be helpful, it's the fact that he is a bit of a creampuff like Chiasson for such a big guy. I wish he was a lot tougher than he is.

No love for 29G/29A college signing Cole Schneider?
I don't get why the organization doesn't say more about Schneider or give him more of an opportunity. He has shown consistency in Bingo over the last few yrs & he has scored consistently over the last few yrs & he has decent size & skill. I don't get it. :shakehead

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Upside is basically a guess as to who you think might be the better player. At the moment Robinson is the closest to making the Sens & everyone else left on the board IMO make never make the Sens. Potentially a few might but realistically with such a young team they could more likely be trade bait.

What do you think Robinson's upside is? Do you think he can be a 3rd liner?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What do you think Robinson's upside is? Do you think he can be a 3rd liner?

A yr ago I may have said yes, but after the yr in Bingo where he only scored 12 goals makes one wonder but he has had 31 pts & 34 pts in Bingo which isn't terrible either. Having said that though he is in a development league & maybe they wanted him to concentrate more on the defensive side of the puck because that is where they were projecting him to play in Ottawa. Who knows?

He did have a great rookie tournament last yr playing with Puempel & Lazar & followed that up with a pretty good camp where he was one of the last cuts. I think he is another guy we could have seen in Ottawa last yr if it wasn't for that run. In answer to your question, I simply don't know how he will pan out at the NHL level but I do think he will try & be more physical than Chiasson & could drop the gloves a little to show them he is willing. He's bigger, wider & heavier I think than Chiasson as well & incredibly fast for such a big guy. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad