Tribute Sens Board All-Time Free-Agent Signings Ranking #5

Who is the Sens #5 Free-Agent Signing in modern history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
All-time Sens UFA signings

#1- Dominik Hasek
#2- Sergei Gonchar
#3- Clarke MacArthur
#4- Evgenii Dadonov
#5-

On which factors thee polls should be voted on?

Some ideas for criterias :

- How the player produced with the team
- What the player brought to the team
- What the player should have brought to the team
- Name recognition, marketability

Tell me who to add (and tell me who's missing)

Tom Pyatt
Magnus Pääjärvi
Ron Hainsey
Nate Thompson
Dean McAmmond
Matt Carkner
Jesse Winchester
Stéphane Da Costa
Andrew Hammond
Bobby Butler
Martin Gerber
Jason Smith
André Benoit
Scott Sabourin
Pat Cannone

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Kovalev was strong here in his first year. The Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev line was humming down the stretch in 2010, providing nasty forechecking and possession behind the Alfie-Spezza line.

Kovalev tore his ACL with a week left in the regular season, missed what was a good first round fight against the Penguins, and was never the same afterwards. But he lived up to his contract until that injury.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Hammond needs to be added. Greatest single-season performance in Sens history.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Kovalev was strong here in his first year. The Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev line was humming down the stretch in 2010, providing nasty forechecking and possession behind the Alfie-Spezza line.

Kovalev tore his ACL with a week left in the regular season, missed what was a good first round fight against the Penguins, and was never the same afterwards. But he lived up to his contract until that injury.

He was very good when he was on (PPG for 2 months Dec to Feb), but I remember he was frustratingly inconsistent night to night. You knew watching him he still had it even at his age and I guess they can't have expected much more but still. Also, not that this really takes much away, but he had a 4 goal and 3 goal game during 09/10 - take those away and he had 11 goals in 75 games with 18 minutes of ice-time.

I'm voting White but I expect it to be Tugnutt.

Last edited:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

Where's this beauty? (Interesting fact, one of his sons was drafted by the Habs in 2019 and the other plays for the Preds)

Reactions: LeTigre

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
He was very good when he was on (PPG for 2 months Dec to Feb), but I remember he was frustratingly inconsistent night to night. You knew watching him he still had it even at his age and I guess they can't have expected much more but still. Also, not that this really takes much away, but he had a 4 goal and 3 goal game during 09/10 - take those away and he had 11 goals in 75 games with 18 minutes of ice-time.

I'm voting White but I expect it to be Tugnutt.
Yes, Kovalev was inconsistent. He was his entire career, so it was nothing new for Sens fans. Even Montreal fans will tell you that.

I've never subscribed to the idea of taking away key performances like 3 and 4 goal games to make a point. Those standout nights from AK in fact prove the point I was making.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'd probably have Kovalev behind White, Tugnutt, Cunneyworth, and Corvo if we're talking about an overall signing. Kovalev brought the big name but apart from the middle of the 09-10 season he was disappointing. White was the 1C on a Cup-contending team (albeit one where the wings and the D were the strength), Tugnutt's 98-99 season was excellent, Cunneyworth was a Captain, and Corvo was really good in his season and a half here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad