GDT: Senators Vs Leafs 1/10/2018 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He didn't suggets Boucher only has one system. He actually said the opposite in that Boucher has mutliple systems (even if they all suck). Hard to argue that great goaltending wasn't the reason we made the playoffs and the reason we made it as far as we did once at the party. Andy most definitely made this team look better than it is during last year's run.

I went back and watched it again, he said theres no way you can convince him that Boucher only has one system. So you are kind of correct, where he is wrong was that he was suggesting Boucher only uses one and should adapt. It may come as a surprise to many but he does have more than one NZ system. Look no further than tonight, they often sent two forecheckers, The Dumont goal was a result of a heavy forecheck, Chlapik chased behind the net and Burrows cut off Borgman on the other side of the net which forced the turnover. This isn't just a new thing either, the game earlier in the season against Toronto is another good example of a different approach. There's a lot that goes into the preparation of the games and the approach varies based on opponent and feel of the game.

The 1-3-1 is nothing more than a meme, and honestly it has more of a 1-2-2 feel. Personally I don't think the neutral zone systems have been the issue. Last year the thing that stood out the most to me was how well they protected the net. The goaltenders where good last year, obviously better than they have been to this point but last year I felt there were a lot of easy nights for them. A lot of that is how well they defended the front and the slot, it was pretty rare that teams were able to get the puck to the middle of the ice and get a good look at the net. and when they took a shot from the outside the rebound was taken care of, it was beautiful to watch. Outside of that western Canada trip and a game early in the season vs Detroit I'm not sure I've seen the consistency defending the net, they are giving up a lot of free looks and that makes it tough for the goaltenders.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This is an opinion based ion fact. So it is an opinion that Andy is the sole reason. Duchene was also a big part. Him White and Hoffman were a very solid line tonight and are part of the reason we won.

But you are right that Andy was the biggest reason for that win. Without him, that's a lost. And yes, the rebound control and stopping the play at the right time was huge tonight.

But i'm not ready to say he is the sole reason.
He was a big part
But not sole reason
Not hard to understand

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Does anyone think/know if Chabot got a concussion from that Komarov hit? I watched it a couple of times and it looked like his head made first contact the the boards.

I don't know how he could have gotten out of that without a brain injury.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
IMG_3731.PNG

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Was late getting in and only saw the last half of the game. Thought White looked really good with Duchene and Hoff. Recovered a few pucks down low. Hope they stick for a bit. Dzingle has done some nice things there as well, but I prefer White as he's better in the dirty areas. Anderson was strong although the third goal is a shot he saves in prior years - he used to get tall and look over traffic and it was awesome. Now he shrinks and is very slow to react on shots through traffic. Solving our goaltending has to be priority #1. Then hopefully GB figures out his coaching issues.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Duchene has looked extremely good the past week. Very encouraging.

I think his linemates have started to learn to play with him. By that, I mean to expect passes or net drives when he seems to be boxed out and have his head down. Look at his Hoffman set-up, he delayed under pressure along the half-wall, made another quick half-pivot behind the net before dishing it to the slot. White and Hoffman were driving the net instead of supporting at the faceoff dot or along the wall in case of turnover or relief pass.

Reactions: DrEasy and Brethers

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Was late getting in and only saw the last half of the game. Thought White looked really good with Duchene and Hoff. Recovered a few pucks down low. Hope they stick for a bit. Dzingle has done some nice things there as well, but I prefer White as he's better in the dirty areas. Anderson was strong although the third goal is a shot he saves in prior years - he used to get tall and look over traffic and it was awesome. Now he shrinks and is very slow to react on shots through traffic. Solving our goaltending has to be priority #1. Then hopefully GB figures out his coaching issues.
Agree
He should switch from tall to shrink from time to time when hes able cuz this year point shots often end up in top of net
Opponent probably see a pattern in his play

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man sometimes I wonder what the hell you see out there.. no dangles no good ... pretty simple I guess
You commented this to a post of mine that said the words “lazar was good” which was a follow up text to me saying how great white was in the third. Have never seen either of them dangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->