Senators Social Media

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I don't know about you. But the lack of prospect updates over the WJC is just terrible. I see other organizations supporting their prospects and being proud to share their achievements on social media (example Oilers). Not once have I seen a post cheering them on.

This probably sounds dumb to write a thread about. But this can really help create enthusiasm for a team, it can also help grow a teams fanbase learning about their prospects. From what I've heard from past people that have worked with the Sens. They are very old school and not youthful in their outreach with the marketing department. The whole organization needs an overhaul.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't know about you. But the lack of prospect updates over the WJC is just terrible. I see other organizations supporting their prospects and being proud to share their achievements on social media (example Oilers). Not once have I seen a post cheering them on.

This probably sounds dumb to write a thread about. But this can really help create enthusiasm for a team, it can also help grow a teams fanbase learning about their prospects. From what I've heard from past people that have worked with the Sens. They are very old school and not youthful in their outreach with the marketing department. The whole organization needs an overhaul.

can' say I disagree with the need for a marketing overhaul

but Melnyk fired the guy that was in charge of marketing for a few years and the reaction in here about that wasn't too great lol

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We used to do this. When we declared our 3 year rebuild the sens official website got loaded with all these extra videos and info on all of our prospects. Got you really excited about zibby, pageau, puempel, noesen, silfverberg, cowen, rundblad, karlsson, weircioch, Peterson, lehner, etc. It created so much hype for our youth. Then they stopped all that. Why?

More bare bone cost cutting?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Huh? There were multiple tweets from the Senators official twitter account pumping Batherson's tires during last night's game.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

you just havent looked

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I heard we don't have scouts there as Euge didn't want to pay the expenses....

You could hire a marketing student for $14.10 / hour to do social media updates of prospects. Hard to provide professional insight though when the only one there is Dorion.

Eugene doesn't believe that marketing has an ROI

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given how well Batherson has done at the World Jrs. it'd be nice to see something like this I agree. Give our team something to look forward to for the future.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I heard we don't have scouts there as Euge didn't want to pay the expenses....

You could hire a marketing student for $14.10 / hour to do social media updates of prospects. Hard to provide professional insight though when the only one there is Dorion.

Eugene doesn't believe that marketing has an ROI

not with 15 bucks an hour minimum wage you can't lol

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
World Juniors hockey looks more bland than ever. It's hard to get excited when it looks like just another NHL game but of lower quality where teams like Canada, USA, Sweden beat the shit out of everyone else.

I look at the players playing and I have no idea if and how they'll translate to the NHL. Yeah Batherson looks alright but anyone can stand in front of the net and tip shots. He doesn't look particularly fast or anything.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Huh? There were multiple tweets from the Senators official twitter account pumping Batherson's tires during last night's game.

This happened a few hours after I tweeted to them about their lack of updates. Before this they had nodda

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I look at the players playing and I have no idea if and how they'll translate to the NHL. Yeah Batherson looks alright but anyone can stand in front of the net and tip shots. He doesn't look particularly fast or anything.

Firstly, not anyone can stand in front of the net and tip shots. Some are better at it than others. As for not being fast, Mark Stone. He was excellent in 2012 and he was a worse skater than Drake. Batherson has a great shot, great skill, a big frame that can work down low (as evidenced by the GWG tonight), and because he was a smaller guy for so long he still has a good engine for a taller guy that he is now.

He's going to be good. Probably not a top line player, but he should be a solid third liner at least.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Firstly, not anyone can stand in front of the net and tip shots. Some are better at it than others. As for not being fast, Mark Stone. He was excellent in 2012 and he was a worse skater than Drake. Batherson has a great shot, great skill, a big frame that can work down low (as evidenced by the GWG tonight), and because he was a smaller guy for so long he still has a good engine for a taller guy that he is now.

He's going to be good. Probably not a top line player, but he should be a solid third liner at least.

his most impressive quality to me that you missed is his hockey iq. he makes great plays with and without the puck. he's an average skater at best but he finds himself in the right spot almost always to make a play because he reads the development of the play so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->