Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Filip Chlapik to ELC

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
Three year ELC, leads the PEI Islanders with 44 points (20 goals, 24 assists) in 26 games this season.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sports/ottawa-senators-sign-czech-centre-filip-chlapik-to-entry-level-contract-1.3214254

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If his offense is for real he'll be an great top 6 forward. The knack on him has always been his questionable offensive pace and if it can be sustained in higher levels. I don't see why not but it's a wait and see game. Hopefully he has a great tourney.

He is my dark-horse prospect

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I haven't seen him very much, but in the limited viewings I've had I can say I like his game very much. It will be interesting how close he is, and how close White is. I am hoping Chlapik can really challenge for a spot sooner than later

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I haven't seen him very much, but in the limited viewings I've had I can say I like his game very much. It will be interesting how close he is, and how close White is. I am hoping Chlapik can really challenge for a spot sooner than later

I'd think Chlapik is 2018-19 at the earliest for any games, likely 2019-20.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I sat blinking at the screen for a second as my eyes were sending my brain the info "Sens Flip Chlapik to ELC", I was like WHAT they TRADED him??and who are "ELC"? I just got out of bed

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Love hearing stories about kids listening to the coaches and turning their game around.

Well actually the coach of the Isles said that after last season, which was a relatively poor one for Chlapik, he had to change his coaching strategy with him and it clearly worked.

Before this season Chlapik was asked to get the puck to Sprong which really handicaped him and his creativity. Now he gets to play the way that lets his creativity show and he's much better for it.

Have to remember Chlapik really fell off coming draft day. We were lucky to grab him where we did. He's a guy that could've went in the first round. He's also started to train more now to get strenght and size. Before his draft year he had not really ever trained physically. His father wanted him to learn how to play the game before jumping into the strenght and size training stuff.

This year he has 44 points in 26 games. Last year 54 points in 52 games.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Seemed to be one of the few Czech players that really stood out in the pre-tournament game I caught in town a few days ago... he and Martin Necas (2017 eligible).

Also managed to get separate pictures with both him and Colin White after the game! Even got a picture of them taking a faceoff against each other.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seemed to be one of the few Czech players that really stood out in the pre-tournament game I caught in town a few days ago... he and Martin Necas (2017 eligible).

Also managed to get separate pictures with both him and Colin White after the game! Even got a picture of them taking a faceoff against each other.

please post

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thanks. I ended up falling asleep, been sick the past two days and didn't get much sleep - 15 minutes after I posted I was out.

How did he look?

First two periods were mistake free. makes quite a. Few smart plays and opens ice up for himself. But in the third he faded as the game got a little more fast and furious. I wonder if he has an extra gear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad