Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How many of these 3-4 year college kids really worked out? Vesey looks awful, I don't see other names much anymore. Yeah, it sucks losing a prospect, but it's not like it's a McDavid level kid walking away.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah, I doubt this happens. Musical chairs can be fun if you're heavily sought after, but the team that drafts you is still the best and safest bet to make the NHL and get that career going. Burning bridges isn't a good way to start, and the overwhelming majority of players opt not to do this to the team that showed interest enough in them to draft them and help develop them.

While it fits here to be something to add to the pile folks can draw from to worry, the reality is that this guy will likely sign with us, 'cause no one loves him like we do :)

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Should send Boucher to talk to him about his role if he does sign.
Its not carved in stone so there is a chance the Sens can convince him to sign before he takes that leap. But if I'm a young player coming out of the NCAA and have had some success , I want the best chance of actually playing in the NHL so I get that they would want to look at options. I do think the rule sucks .. RFA would be a good way to treat them. It would make sense that something would change there going forward.

Has the decision to turn pro after y2 in BC and joined the Sens to play in Belleville helped Colin White any?

Boucher might literally be the last person from the organization (aside from you know who) I would send to try and recruit a kid interested in playing for this team..

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Not in the least bit surprised. He probably will have his pick of teams so why should he sign to a team that is as poorly managed as ottawa?

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Bowers reached 30 points in the NCAA, many on here thought he would be a 15-20 point this year.

Yeah people thought it was a safe pick because of the type of player he was. Wasn't too familiar with him before the draft but when Ottawa drafted him some quick research suggested that despite a disappointing season production wise in the USHL he still had plenty of skill. I know the write up at Mcleans for him was very complimentary and mentioned it was likely he was going to have big season at BU

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Don't let him walk. That would be dumb. We have a huge need for D with upside, especially a guy who can blast point shots like Wolanin. If he doesn't make it to the Frozen 4 final, Dorion should be at his door with a contract to sign and a spot in the opening lineup the last day of the regular season to collect his bonuses and an assurance that he'll never see the ECHL. Probably wishful thinking on my part, the organization has dug their grave with how they've managed young players on the BSens this year. Have Karlsson shoot him a text saying he can't wait to play with him or something. Get it done.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
How many of these 3-4 year college kids really worked out? Vesey looks awful, I don't see other names much anymore. Yeah, it sucks losing a prospect, but it's not like it's a McDavid level kid walking away.

Kerfoot & Butcher have both had great rookie campaigns this year
Funny enough they swapped teams as if it was a trade

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I don't know who Wolanin 's agent is, but he may have a history of this kind of thing.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Good for the kid....but HFRangers hasn't been too kind to him over the last year. Kid is a bit of a disappointment, especially considering the circus created trying to sign him.

Which is the last big success signing of that nature? They don't seem to pan out very often. Maybe the problem with HFrags is their expectations.

Isn't one of the best recent ones Bozak? lol.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Who in there right mind would want to play for Belleville? That team is a tire fire.
Probably about 1,000 hockey players who would love to play hockey for a living & looking for their big break hoping to have a shot at playing in the NHL someday regardless of what the team is like currently. I imagine everyone thinks they could help make the team better.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
well most of those guys are big successes... and to add to that, I don't think we need to worry about wolanin, looking at that list

Krug and DeKeyser are the only big successes I see.

Butcher and Kerfoot remain to be seen. They are rookies still. Need some consistency to be considered a big success. But yeah, I had forgot about those two admittedly. If we were having this discussion a few months ago Krug and DK would be the only big successes imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad