Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Batherson has to start a fight.

cherry1.jpg

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Someone's prediction for Finland. Nurmi should have a bottom 6 spot.. Fins look strong though. That D looks pretty solid.
Quick roster prediction. Feel free to criticize.

Heponiemi-Kuokkanen-Tolvanen
Vesalainen-Räsänen-Turkulainen
Koivula-Kupari-Moilanen
Koppanen-Luostarinen-Nurmi
Ikonen

Juolevi-Heiskanen
Välimäki-Jokiharju
Salo-Räsänen
Vaakanainen

Luukkonen
Lehtinen

If I remember correctly, Heiskanen played on the right side a lot last season so I put him there since at least one lefty will have to play the right most likely.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looking at that list, Batherson looks to be skating on a "long-shot" line, and Formenton is skating with 2 locks.
He's late to the party...It's a start .. 33 players competing for 22 spots. Hopefully they both make it.

Brown is being pencilled in between Mittelstadt and Yamamoto on most of the US lineup predictions. They were together in the summer.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You don't get "experience" from "experiencing" the NHL.

You get experience from the experience of being in the NHL.

Just ask Guy.

I mean, look at Oduya. Experience.

Chabot. No Experience.

Oduya gained that "experience" due to his extensive "experience" in the NHL. But he didn't just "experience" the NHL. He also gained experience from his experiences in the NHL.

Whereas, with Chabot, no amount of "experience" can help him experience the NHL better.

Okay so you get experience from experiencing experience from their experience experiencing.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don't like this development, as inevitable as it was. Batherson was being asked to do it all. I liked that for his development. Oh well, now he'll likely get to play more meaningful games.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wouldn't it be nice if a guy like Summers turns into a late bloomer & becomes a pretty good utility guy for the Sens. I wonder if they will keep him?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Looks like Batherson will be a victim of Team Canada's depth at RW, while Formenton looks like the beneficiary of their lack of depth at LW.

Raddysh, Kyrou, Steenbergen, Suzuki, Lind

vs.

Dube, Katchouk, Howden, Gadjovich, Comtois, Kaspick

A lot more quality on the right side, especially for guys who play in scoring roles, which Batherson would presumably be auditioning for.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Looks like Batherson will be a victim of Team Canada's depth at RW, while Formenton looks like the beneficiary of their lack of depth at LW.

Raddysh, Kyrou, Steenbergen, Suzuki, Lind

vs.

Dube, Katchouk, Howden, Gadjovich, Comtois, Kaspick

A lot more quality on the right side, especially for guys who play in scoring roles, which Batherson would presumably be auditioning for.

Not that it matters much, but I thought Batherson played mostly center, not wing.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
With his size and skating Batherson could still be an energy guy for the team. Too bad about that slash...if he came in guns blazing he might have a better opportunity.

When will they make cuts?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not that it matters much, but I thought Batherson played mostly center, not wing.

Yea he seems to play centre for the Screaming Eagles but at the development camp this past summer he was mostly used at RW. I imagine with Brown, White & Chlapik at centre that he could be used at RW when he arrives next yr. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Chlapik is turned into a LWer & Batherson a RWer for this organization.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yea he seems to play centre for the Screaming Eagles but at the development camp this past summer he was mostly used at RW. I imagine with Brown, White & Chlapik at centre that he could be used at RW when he arrives next yr. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Chlapik is turned into a LWer & Batherson a RWer for this organization.

Yeah, I get that his NHL future is probably at wing, but currently I think he's a center, no? Wouldn't that give him a shot both at C and RW in the WJC camp?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah, I get that his NHL future is probably at wing, but currently I think he's a center, no? Wouldn't that give him a shot both at C and RW in the WJC camp?

Yes, he's currently a centre. I would think so, it never hurts to have more centres on your team & he's exactly the kind of energy guy with size that every team could use including TC. I loved watching him at the development camp, he came with very little hype if any & I never knew much about him & he quickly became a fan favourite & fun to watch with loads of energy & hitting. Ottawa got real lucky with Formenton & Batherson I think & hopefully Brown turns into a good player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->