Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

Based on this i believe Paul can not play in the AHL next season though

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

Nick Paul can play in the AHL next season as he was born in 1995 and would be too old to compete in the world junior championships next year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Nick Paul can play in the AHL next season as he was born in 1995 and would be too old to compete in the world junior championships next year.

This whole birthday before Dec 31 is screwing me up. I'm sure its simple but my brain is having trouble working it out. lol

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Paul is born Mar 20 1995, next season is 2015-2016, therefore he is eligible. That's the easiest way to remember it.

PizzaPizza12

Jul 25, 2009
Ottawa
He's 15th in under 20 production in the OHL. He's ranks favourably with players who were drafted in the 2nd round in production in his draft but he does play on the best team in the OHL. He benefits from the Oshawa PP and playing with some good players.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?season=2014&leagueid=OHL&nation=&sort=u20

Do him Cassels and Del Colle play on a line? If hes does hes the third wheel on that line it would seem. His 8 penalties minutes make him look kinda soft for his physical ability.

Had Oshawa been playing in the WHL this season and maintined to be the elite team that they re i imagine he's be ranked 10-20th in league production for under 20 year olds.

Heres the ohl stats for each player from his draft year. http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft.php?year=2013&sort=nation&nation=&dteam=&Leaguename=OHL
Thanks for the stats! Will have a look at those

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That was the sound of 1000 boners imploding.

Must remember Greening displayed offensive skill set in every league he played including the NHL till recently. I do see the similarities do to their size and skating. Greening does weight more though.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Must remember Greening displayed offensive skill set in every league he played including the NHL till recently. I do see the similarities do to their size and skating. Greening does weight more though.

You are relentless in your quest to eliminate boners.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Did anyone hear of the guy the our ECHL team signed?

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak.com/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=1018

Justin MacDonald (1990)
leads the FHL(Federal Hockey League) in points with 44goals, 58 assists in 46 games played. Next closest scorer has 81 points.

We lost asian fans because we traded Wong i believe. Sad day

He's probably not worth a sens contract spot. Especially with the likely influx of khl players coming over.

Also worth noting unlike the AHL FHL players dont tend to ever play in professional leagues that are any good once they moved on. I'm talking about Latvia, german division 3 and france division 3. The FHL is also a fairly new league though and describe themselves as single a level.

To attract new talent they have FA camps in Mexico, Israel, Croatia, Austrlia and New Zealand as well as many other more tranditional hockey markets

I believe an FHL team had to play out doors the whole season do to lack of a arena lol

Last edited:

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
I'm uncertain what to make of the MacDonald signing. On the one hand, coach is looking to recruit some young guys to make a strong core for the future, on the other, we've been hit hard by injuries and really are in need of warm bodies. Hard to tell which camp MacDonald falls into. He has gaudy number in the FHL, but, it is the FHL. They're a low "A" level league that's run on a shoestring and can be barely above men's league. I wonder why he couldn't get a spot in the SPHL this year. We'll see what he's got tomorrow night.

It's not been a good year down on the farm in Evansville. Thirteen wins all season. Eight of those were before Thanksgiving. Midseason coaching change to try to bring things around. Lots of player movement since. We're dead last in the ECHL. At least there's no more down to go, it has to get better. Right? :)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm uncertain what to make of the MacDonald signing. On the one hand, coach is looking to recruit some young guys to make a strong core for the future, on the other, we've been hit hard by injuries and really are in need of warm bodies. Hard to tell which camp MacDonald falls into. He has gaudy number in the FHL, but, it is the FHL. They're a low "A" level league that's run on a shoestring and can be barely above men's league. I wonder why he couldn't get a spot in the SPHL this year. We'll see what he's got tomorrow night.

It's not been a good year down on the farm in Evansville. Thirteen wins all season. Eight of those were before Thanksgiving. Midseason coaching change to try to bring things around. Lots of player movement since. We're dead last in the ECHL. At least there's no more down to go, it has to get better. Right? :)

Eyy, u guys are under our wing now, look what we did for bingo ;). How has Dreidger been down there?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No idea, but the numbers are pretty good compared to his competition.

It's a feeder league for the ECHL. Very, very low level in comparison. Guys leaving the CHL wouldn't bother with it if that's where they had to go. Numbers in that league mean nothing. He isn't a prospect of Ottawa, or Bingo even anyways.

Comparing guys In that league is like comparing a Turd Sandwhich and Giant ******, in the professional scheme of things.

Last edited:

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
Driedger's been pretty solid, better than his numbers. He's still young and makes rookie mistakes, has a habit of not hugging the post enough, gets a little rattled once one slips through but nothing that can't be coached out of him. He's played more minutes than any and faced more shots and had more saves than any other goalie in the league and he has pretty much no defense in front of him. This period up with Ottawa and a long stint with a goalie coach will probably do wonders for him. We're all anxiously waiting to see if he gets a start on this western trip. It's exciting times in Eville. :)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We lost asian fans because we traded Wong i believe. Sad day

He's probably not worth a sens contract spot. Especially with the likely influx of khl players coming over.

Also worth noting unlike the AHL FHL players dont tend to ever play in professional leagues that are any good once they moved on. I'm talking about Latvia, german division 3 and france division 3. The FHL is also a fairly new league though and describe themselves as single a level.

To attract new talent they have FA camps in Mexico, Israel, Croatia, Austrlia and New Zealand as well as many other more tranditional hockey markets

I believe an FHL team had to play out doors the whole season do to lack of a arena lol

I don't think you are talking about the right league, the FHL is in the North East of the United States, they aren't holding free agent camps in any of those places.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I don't think you are talking about the right league, the FHL is in the North East of the United States, they aren't holding free agent camps in any of those places.

Correction they are holding free agent camps with some players from all those nations attending. Its on their website which also features MacDonald's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad