Senators finalize playoff roster - add Cujo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Ottawa (CP) - The Ottawa Senators have made a bevy of trades in the past month, the latest being the addition of Curtis Joseph at the HFNHL trade deadline.

There have been rumblings about the lacklustre play of Jose Theodore, and it seems management has given the Senators coaching staff an option if need be.

Joseph makes a hefty 8.3 million dollars a year and was just too much salary for the Thrashers this year.

In return the Senators have sent Johan Hedberg and a third round draft pick in 2004 to Atlanta.

Senators GM Fernandes had this to say : "Well, these trades are definitely for the short term and yes, it hurts to move picks and prospects but we're confident in our scouting staff and we feel we can make very good use of our remaining picks in 2004. As well with Zetterberg, Grigorenko, Grebeshkov and Goc, we still have some pretty good prospect depth. There will definitely be some changes next year as we cannot afford to keep all of the older players, including the likes of Hull, Selanne, Joseph, Trevor Linden and Alexei Zhitnik.

There will be some tough decisions to be made next year but we're focusing on this year first and foremost. Our goal is the Cup. Period

We are very happy with the team we assembled this year and with Adam Graves set to return from his conditioning stint in two weeks, we should have a strong roster with a lot of depth, firepower, experience and leadership."

It appears the Senators lineup will look like this for the 2004 HFNHL playoffs:

Iginla - Modano - Selanne
Marchant - Fedorov - Naslund
Whitney - Peca - Hull
Graves - Handzus - Linden

D. Hatcher - Gonchar
Schneider - Brewer
Zhitnik - Niinimaa

Theodore
Joseph

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
That's one damn scary lineup, Keith. Glad you're in the East: by the time I have to worry about you, I'll already have exceeded my most optomistic projections! ;)

(P.S. - watch out - the East has a history of producing giant-killers...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad