Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
5bRCaTB.png

Ceci+2.jpg

Last time these two teams faced off was on December 16th, and for Ottawa it ended in a special way. Recent call-up Cody Ceci, who is now with the club full time, scored his first NHL goal in overtime to give the Senators a 3-2 victory. Robin Lehner received the victory that night, and will be back in net tonight, as Craig Anderson played in a 2-1 loss to the Penguins last night. Jaroslav Halak will start in goal for the Blues.

Chris Stewart scored both Blues goals that game, but has not scored in his last 11 games. Speaking of droughts, Bobby Ryan has been cold lately, and the Senators could really use some scoring from him. He has been known as a Blues killer, with 26 points in 19 games against St Louis in his career. On the other end of the spectrum, Stephane Da Costa has been showing some finishing ability, scoring 3 goals in his last 3 games. For the Blues, captain David Backes has 5 points in his past five games, and Vladimir Tarasenko has 3 goals in his last 5 games.

The Blues enter the night with a record of 37-12-5, sitting third in the Western Conference. Ottawa is currently 3 points out of an Eastern Conference wild card spot, now 24-21-11. They will have to get hot if they want to avoid hitting the golf course early this year.

Lineups
rvCl4cp.png

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am going to do an anti-jinx post by saying that the blues will beat the sens 7-2.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I just realized that I've made 4 out of the last 5 GDTs, all last minute. Ya'll need to help out a bit :p

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Probably won't be too many people there in St Louis. They are getting hit with the same storm I am here but to a lesser extent.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Sens fans should be afraid. Very afraid.

IMO it's a bigger deal to pull a win over the Blues than the penguins considering the Sens are playing on back to back nights on the road and with both home teams being the best in the league.

Doubtful but hopeful.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sens fans should be afraid. Very afraid.

IMO it's a bigger deal to pull a win over the Blues than the penguins considering the Sens are playing on back to back nights on the road and with both home teams being the best in the league.

Doubtful but hopeful.

I am afraid. I am literally ******** my pants right now.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
One thing I don't like about the playoffs is the stress. What I really don't like is that the playoff level stress has already begun.
Makes me long for the days of the effortless regular season domination.
We literally need to win every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad