Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
benbouch said:
Which of the two will put more pts in the NHL ???? Evgeny Malkin or Alex Semin ??? If Semin was in this years draft, will he be draft 2nd overall ???

OK! I'll sacrifies myself! :p kidding...

I don't think they play the same style. Semin is a shifty all-offensive minded player, and Malkin is a great playmaking power forward. So I think Semin would put more points in the NHL, but Malkin will have a bigger role.

And no, Semin would'nt be the 2nd overall of this year's draft. Because Scouts priority is SIZE. (and I'm talking about the whole body of the players :p )

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
Fighter said:
I agree with Hokay almost completely, but I see Malkin as a better scorer than Semin.

Sure Malkin can scores lots of goals, that's obvious. But I think Semin can score a little bit more than him (maybe 5 or 10 at the limit) because he's been drafted for this job.

Last edited:

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
It's a tendacies by a majority of posters to always go with the recent/younger player to get excited about.

in 2003
2003 draftee was overhype over 2002 draftee
2004 draftee will be overhype also over 2003 draftee

Some of the comparison will turn out true of course but overall the recent draftee will always get more exposure so he will get more hype.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Russian Fan said:
It's a tendacies by a majority of posters to always go with the recent/younger player to get excited about.

in 2003
2003 draftee was overhype over 2002 draftee
2004 draftee will be overhype also over 2003 draftee

Wait, the 2002 draft was very weak so it's obvious everyone got excited about the 2003 one.

About the 2004 draft I don't think it has the same deep that the 2003 draft had but there are a good number of players which can turn in NHL stars, so I'm very interested in it. (as a Ducks fan I hope strongly to get a high pick since we're gonna suck big time this year...)

X-SHARKIE

I like the 2004 entry draft alot, but 2003 draft was awesome, I was so happy that the Sharks were able to land the people they did at #6,16,43. In other drafts those players are long gone. I will always have a soft spot for 2003 draftees because that was the first draft I got dead serious about, 2004 lacks the depth, and the prospects in 2004 have alot more holes in there games then the players in 2003 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->