SEMIN: Unjust victim of a systematic process of intimidation, manipulation, and scape

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Negreanu is one of poker's biggest douches, and that's saying something. I'm pretty sure no one really likes him. I'll bet Semin cost him some money or something and he doesn't actually care about the game.

EDIT:

RealKidPoker
@grinder881 I'm the smartest person in the world. You are not. Listen don't speak. I can teach, but you have to clean those ears.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Hellmuth is a condescending tool who gets mad when people make low percentage plays, ignoring the fact that that's exactly what you want them to do. You might lose a hand or three, but over the long haul, you'll win.

Kinda like "advanced" stats :sarcasm:

Phil Laak will always be the best.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Mistaking chip equity for prize pool equity is a pretty common misconception.

Advanced stats < Game theory.

We'll see hockey stats make that jump eventually.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Has it really gotten to the point where we must vehemently defend Semin against poker player attacks?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm confused as to how anything the poker guy said isn't true. Is it not embarrassing that Semin makes $7 million and has zero goals to this point?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Matusow is at least hilarious though, Hellmuth is a tool.

I always liked Matusow. My favorite had to go to Hellmuth though. I thought he was hilarious with the different costumed enterances he would have. I also enjoyed Phil Ivey and Jesus Ferguson.

I supremely disliked Esfandiari and a few others I can't remember right now.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Mistaking chip equity for prize pool equity is a pretty common misconception.

Advanced stats < Game theory.

We'll see hockey stats make that jump eventually.

Are you one of those guys who folds aces on the bubble because he wants to secure a 1.5x payout instead of a shot at winning?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I was thinking tournament rather than cash game since he was talking prize pool.

I don't really like playing cash games, except when Full Tilt had that Rush Poker or whatever it was called a few years ago. I'd almost only play pocket whatevers, hope for a set, and play big pots. 9/10 out of ten, I stacked the other guy. Totally worth it.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I was thinking tournament rather than cash game since he was talking prize pool.

I don't really like playing cash games, except when Full Tilt had that Rush Poker or whatever it was called a few years ago. I'd almost only play pocket whatevers, hope for a set, and play big pots. 9/10 out of ten, I stacked the other guy. Totally worth it.

Oh ok, the bubble meaning on the cusp of getting into the money. Got it.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

That 2nd paragraph seems like it should be a joke, but it doesn't appear to be.

But the original point, is that someone like Hellmuth would rather win a 100 chip pot 100% of the time than a 220 chip pot 50% of the time, particularly in the meat of a large tournament.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
This discussion may seem irrelevant, but games are games. And as the concept relates to hockey, advanced stats tend to measure Goals, not wins. Just like WTF is talking chips not money.

But goals aren't all created equal. 5 minutes left in the game, a team has a 1 goal lead.

The team with the lead scoring a goal doesn't increase it's likelihood of winning nearly as much as the team down a goal scoring one.

So a team with the lead would rather have a 40% chance of scoring the next goal that only gets scored 30% of the time, rather than 60% chance of scoring the next goal that gets scored 60% of the time.

This is the value a lot of higher scoring but low +/- players bring to the table. When you are down by one late or two anytime, increasing the likelihood of another goal can be just as if not more important than increasing the likelihood that goal will be scored by your team.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Who cares, dude? He doesn't have a single goal a quarter of the way through the season.

Sure, it was tired in game 6, but it's game 20+.

He's a dude making 7 million dollars a year to be a goal scorer and he has zero goals. It's a bad look. Maybe he's lazy, maybe he's still injured, maybe he's lost confidence, maybe he's homesick, maybe he's past it, maybe he's wrong for the system, maybe the baby is keeping him up at night, maybe he's questioning his sexuality, maybe he just misses his friend Andy Dufresne, or maybe he isn't smart enough to put his stick on the ice like Tripp says over and over and ****ing over.

Doesn't matter. Right now he is a spectacular bust, and there's no way or reason to defend him.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Who cares, dude? He doesn't have a single goal a quarter of the way through the season.

Sure, it was tired in game 6, but it's game 20+.

He's a dude making 7 million dollars a year to be a goal scorer and he has zero goals. It's a bad look. Maybe he's lazy, maybe he's still injured, maybe he's lost confidence, maybe he's homesick, maybe he's past it, maybe he's wrong for the system, maybe the baby is keeping him up at night, maybe he's questioning his sexuality, maybe he just misses his friend Andy Dufresne, or maybe he isn't smart enough to put his stick on the ice like Tripp says over and over and ****ing over.

Doesn't matter. Right now he is a spectacular bust, and there's no way or reason to defend him.

Ok the Andy Dufresne thing works on a few levels. Well done.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I'm gonna blame Dufresne. What happened to the Dufresnes? No one seems to care. Who can score at a time like this? People are missing. You people are selfish.

Semin, search party of one. You can score once you find the Dufresenes.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Andy-dufresne.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad