DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Wonder where he picked that up as he played the whole game against the Islanders. But since there's absolutely nothing left to win in this season shutting him down is obviously the right thing to do.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wonder where he picked that up as he played the whole game against the Islanders. But since there's absolutely nothing left to win in this season shutting him down is obviously the right thing to do.

He took a hard hit in the first and was hunched over on the bench looking in pain, but from his body language I thought it was his shoulder or arm.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Wonder if this is what he's been dealing with or if it's completely unrelated.

No, there was a write up on "shutdown line" detailing how he tends to get his forearms (wrists and hands) slashed by other teams and how he had been getting the doc to freeze and tape up those areas even prior to when he had missed those couple of games earlier. He had been playing with that since. This concussion that not so surprising and sadly some enjoy to make fun of must have happened during the last game at some point. Unrelated of course. I doubt that they would play Alex if he was concussed.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
You see right here. The best player on the team (I know. Wrong. Eric is) and there are 8 posts about a guy who has played hurt for a month and now supposedly has a hush, hush concussion. When did this happen? Did it? This says a lot. If this had been either Staal, there would have been pages of posts and extensive media coverage.
Ah forget it. I cannot figure out the dynamics that somehow prevent the recognition that the acquisition of Alex Semin has displaced Eric Staal from being the most talented player on this team. It will either take a while, or like I predict, Semin will be traded. Too bad really. I thought this team was trying to really get out of the cellar.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You're absolutely right. It's all a conspiracy from the very tops of the organization down to the fans to make Semin feel unwelcome in the hopes that he'll take his immense talents out of Washington straight to the KHL. It's just unfortunate he has to play in Carolina for that to happen

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I don't get it. What else is there to say? He's injured and missed 2 games.

Nothing has been disclosed about him playing through injuries nor has anything been said as to when he was supposedly concussed. For a month he has been in obvious pain. I don't believe he has a concussion. It is unusual that they didn't show when it took place. Now that the season is over, I will be interested to see what they say about their top player's injury issues.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Except for the part where they showed him going hard, head first into the boards during the Islanders game

This. Showed it early in the Canes/Rangers broadcast after they told everyone Semin would miss the final 2 games.

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Ah forget it. I cannot figure out the dynamics that somehow prevent the recognition that the acquisition of Alex Semin has displaced Eric Staal from being the most talented player on this team. It will either take a while, or like I predict, Semin will be traded. Too bad really. I thought this team was trying to really get out of the cellar.

What the hell is this?

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
So yet another year with a grand finale 8-3 loss. To me that's very disappointing but not at all surprising. Many excuses again but the status quo cannot be questioned???? That's a big problem with this team. Anyway, reading what's his name at the"shutdown line" (who provides an excellent analysis of every game using advanced stats; and yes he tells it as it is even when Semin doesn't shine), he claims that both Semin AND E. Staal have been playing through injury. May explain why they both looked a couple steps slower than Jiri towards the end.

Last edited:

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Don't try to comprehend it.

There is lots to attempt to comprehend regarding the dynamics within this organization. But hey, if you're content............. . I'm not and noone should be. If drastic change and a different approach or direction isn't pursued, this team will remain exactly where it is now. IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad