Semifinal predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
I've flown to and from Europe, and it usually takes a couple of days to overcome the jet lag on the way back to North America. I know these guys are professionals, but you can't discount the effect of travel, IMO.

Oh yeah I totally agree. I went to England last year and thats a 5 hour time difference. I had no problem staying in England but when I came back to Toronto, I was exhausted. It took me about 4-5 days to return to normal and not feeling like going to sleep early.

Anyway I called a Canada/USA final. I didnt post that prediction anywhere here but just told my friends and so. I'm starting to believe in a Canada/Finland final (since the World Cup started). Anything can happen though.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
VanIslander said:
I almost wish I'd taken a vacation to Vegas and invested with some bookies.:thumbu: But who knows when a lucky streak will end?

One of my employees is going to Vegas for a week next month. If you like, I'll be glad to have him place the bet for you. Not sure what the odds will be by that time, of course, but still...

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Wild Thing said:
One of my employees is going to Vegas for a week next month. If you like, I'll be glad to have him place the bet for you. Not sure what the odds will be by that time, of course, but still...

USA 3 Finland 1
Canada 8 Czech 0

Canada clearly the class of this event.

monkey_00*

Semi-Final #1: USA Landslide over Finland...........

This one is going to be pretty ugly for the FINNS......The U.S.-squad will be pumped at home......Tkachuk is on a high and will steamroll over the Finn's defence........Brett Hull should be coming back and he too will be pumped........Finland yanks out their goalie early in the third-period.......Curt Russell wil be in attendance leading the Chant" "USA! USA! USA!"..........Final score:

USA 8......Finland 2

Semi-Final #2: Canada dfeats Czechs in double overtime........

Canada never makes it easy in the Big games......this next game right here will be THE GAME of the tournament......Get out the VCR tapes and record this one folks......Jagr will come alive in this one and so too Super-Mario......The Goalies will be BIG as well for both sides.......Final score:

Canada 4.....Czechs 3 (DOUBLE OVERTIME)

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Wild Thing said:

USA 3 Finland 1
Canada 8 Czech 0

Canada clearly the class of this event.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The Canada-Czech game won't go to overtime, trust me. I predict a 4-1 victory for Canada. Brodeur, like I said before, is not going to give up more than 1 or 2 goals per game. Canada's defensive play has been so good the Czech's will be hard pressed to get 1 goal to be honest.

Finland I have a feeling will beat the U.S.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Finland 2 - USA 0

I picked Finland to win this tournament at the start, and see no reason to back off now. That game against Germany will serve as a wakeup call, much as it did for Canada in 2002.

Czech Republic 2 - Canada 1

I picked the same thing back in 1998 and got laughed at. Canada is bound to hit a lull at some point and the Czechs are peaking at the right time.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
THE SOVIET said:
Finland 3 - USA 2
Czech 4 - Can 3
:\
LMAO!! greatest avatar ever....I saw some guy with a shirt that says on the front, "Nothing says I love you more than the shocker." And on the back it had the hand...Greatest shirt ever...

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
I think finland will beat usa
usa only beat the poor slovakian and went 1-1 against the "C" version of russia
finland have not to much talent but they work hard and have a good goalies, it will be enough ...

finland 3 usa 2

for the second game, I have to say that I'm of them who say the team canada have this year is one of the best ever... but, if a team could beat them...this team is certainly the Czech, I'm really affraid of this game. if their forward play like they do against sweden ... they will score, for sure, more than one goal. the Prospal Jagr Straka line and the Havlat Elias duo are so explosive, and if Vokoun is on is game and play like he can...

I'll say

canada 4 czech 3 on THE game of the world cup

OoOh I love hockey :bow:

Jacques Strappe

Feb 12, 2004
Halifax
Though I know that Canada will win, I'm picking the Czechs because I'm close on the Sportsnet World Cup pool, and the only way for me to catch up to the leaders is pick the underdogs....so....

Czechs: 2
Canada: 1

....on Sportsnet's pool, they show 'Consensus picks' and 5.9% of the participants have chosen the Czechs!

Finland: 4
USA: 1

....this one's closer, with Finland at 54% of the vote on Sportsnet...close enough that it doesn't matter who I choose....

chara

Mar 31, 2004
U.S. 4 Finland 3
Canada 6 Czech 1

Note: The Czechs will fade fast if they get down by 2 or 3 goals

High flyin' Habs*

USA wins 4-3 because of the home crowd.
Canada wins 4-2 because their too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events