Selke Favorite (Post-Bergeron Injury)

Selke Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty Vivid

Sep 3, 2013
lmao at the #1 Center for the league's best defensive team having the lowest votes for the Selke.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Last 3 seasons point per game rate

137d0e0311ecbe78fb9fda0f9dc0ab4a.png

Barkov #1 amongst two way centers, #9 overall. Still underrated on HF

Has more goals than Kopitar in lesser games, and only 22. Bergeron and MacKinnon not on the list but at #18 and #19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd highest adjusted REL CF% amongst NHL centers
BTW this is the stat-line that Bergeron has lead the league in in his Selke years.

Only Sean Couturier has higher (selke nom for sure). But let's look at the first 30 player list.. 3 Flyers, all on the same line as Couturier vs 0 player from Florida aside from Barkov
db778d9575d4d870807c40b1b82418d8.png

Reactions: urho

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
Only Sean Couturier has higher (selke nom for sure). But let's look at the first 30 player list.. 3 Flyers, all on the same line as Couturier vs 0 player from Florida aside from Barkov

Couturier isnt playing in the same line as Voracek.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Last 3 seasons point per game rate

137d0e0311ecbe78fb9fda0f9dc0ab4a.png

Barkov #1 amongst two way centers, #9 overall. Still underrated on HF

Has more goals than Kopitar in lesser games, and only 22. Bergeron and MacKinnon not on the list but at #18 and #19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd highest adjusted REL CF% amongst NHL centers
BTW this is the stat-line that Bergeron has lead the league in in his Selke years.

db778d9575d4d870807c40b1b82418d8.png
You keep posting this so I'll keep correcting it. Konecny has played with Couts and Giroux for more than half of the season now. Voracek was moved off of that line almost 3 months ago.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Based on numbers, Couturier should probably win. But in all honesty, Barkov might just take it if Bergeron is out long enough. There's enough buzz around him now and he has the numbers to make his pick legit. Not the best, but close enough. Barkov also is used as much as #1D. The fact that he's able to play as he does with those minutes is crazy.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Based on numbers, Couturier should probably win. But in all honesty, Barkov might just take it if Bergeron is out long enough. There's enough buzz around him now and he has the numbers to make his pick legit. Not the best, but close enough. Barkov also is used as much as #1D. The fact that he's able to play as he does with those minutes is crazy.

I think it should be Coots year, but I agree barkov is getting alot of love in the media recently. so he may take it. Really depends on how the year finishes. If the Panthers miss the playoff I dont see him getting it. If they make it he could end up with one of the Hart or Selke. I could see the Selke and the Hart goingsome where else.

It will be him and Coots battling year in and out. With Mathews and a few other as well.

Reactions: Plural

freecheese

Dec 5, 2017
If Barkov sustains this level of performance throughout the season and Bergeron is out > 2 weeks, then he’s a shoe-in.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
3 games against the Flyers with Florida up 2 wins to 1.. Barkov has averaged 23:30min of ice time. The most on both team just behind defensemen Yandle by 1min and Provorov by 3.

Barkov plays more than Ekblad, Gostisbehere, and every forward

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Barkov bullied Couts all game yesterday. I came away disappointed after having high hopes for a competitive head to head between the 2.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov bullied Couts all game yesterday. I came away disappointed after having high hopes for a competitive head to head between the
I think couts was their better players. I believe they had more control and puck in the offensive zone than Barkov line. Panthers went defensive to protect the lead and play smart. I think as induvidual player Barkov had upper hand defensively and offensively but couts was close at scoring too.

Barkov didn’t destroy Couturier. This game was great example why we should not stare just posession numbers or corsi. Couturier maybe had better posession numbers? But Barkov outplayed him in all 3 zones.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
3 games against the Flyers with Florida up 2 wins to 1.. Barkov has averaged 23:30min of ice time. The most on both team just behind defensemen Yandle by 1min and Provorov by 3.

Barkov plays more than Ekblad, Gostisbehere, and every forward

Couts played 22:29 yesterday after playing over 28 minutes the day before. That's a lot of minutes in a weekend back to back. It's not like Couts is out there playing 18 minutes a game in a limited role.

For what it's worth, here are the head to head numbers for Couts and Barkov this season.

3 games played:
Florida 2-1-0
Flyers 1-2-0
The home team has won all 3 games.

Barkov: 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 3 points (2 ES points), +1
Couturier: 2 Goals, 0 Assists, 2 points (2 ES points), +2

Time on Ice:
Barkov: 23:30
Couturier: 22:25

Corsi %:
Barkov: 50.7%
Couturier: 56.4%

ES Corsi%
Barkov: 49.4%
Couturier: 54.9%

Faceoffs:
Barkov: 48.3%

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Couts played 22:29 yesterday after playing over 28 minutes the day before. That's a lot of minutes in a weekend back to back. It's not like Couts is out there playing 18 minutes a game in a limited role.

For what it's worth, here are the head to head numbers for Couts and Barkov this season.

3 games played:
Florida 2-1-0
Flyers 1-2-0
The home team has won all 3 games.

Barkov: 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 3 points (2 ES points), +1
Couturier: 2 Goals, 0 Assists, 2 points (2 ES points), +2

Time on Ice:
Barkov: 23:30
Couturier: 22:25

Corsi %:
Barkov: 50.7%

Faceoffs:
Barkov: 48.3%

Are these numbers for when both are on the ice against each other or overall?

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Besides the fact that courtier has better defensive stats.....
Couts had better defensive stats than Barkov yesterday by corsi etc...? but how come watching that game Barkov had clear upper hand of Couts in all 3 zones?

It’s 1 game sample but stat watching isn’t only thing we should do especially when Couts has Giroux on his line who shut down prime Crosby in the playoffs and is great two-way player too playing center before. We should watch induvidual performance too.

I am not saying that Couts would not deserve to win this. We have to watch entire picture here not just stats. I think it is a close race between Bergeron, Barkov and Couturier.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Are these numbers for when both are on the ice against each other or overall?
This is is the two of them overall in the three games. I don't have the numbers for just when they are on the ice together but I can say from watching the games, it certainly appeared that they were matched up against each other very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->