Selke Favorite (Post-Bergeron Injury)

Selke Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bergeron or Kopitar. I'm gonna say Kopitar. Can you imagine how dreadful the Kings would be without him?

Reactions: KingTrouty

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Definitely more of a vote spread, but I would still expect Bergeron.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
If it's a 2 or 3 week injury, still Bergeron. If it's anything more than that, Kopitar.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bergeron or Kopitar. I'm gonna say Kopitar. Can you imagine how dreadful the Kings would be without him?

It's funny because by the eye test and offensive numbers he's absolutely slaughtering it this season, especially given the extra attention he got from other teams with Carter out for most of the year. Dude has a 24-point lead on 2nd in scoring on the team (Brown, Doughty) but he's doing that while playing all the hardest minutes. If you watch him, he's playing defense just like he did his Selke year, maybe even more so, because of the relative absence of support, but vs. the other candidates, his advanced stats are relatively unremarkable.

Reactions: KingTrouty

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Kopitar doesn’t belong in the discussion this year. I’d say Bergeron but if not I’d put my money on Couts.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If it is only 2-3 weeks then Bergeron will still win.
If it's 2 weeks he'll likely play 70 games, which is reasonable to still win. Once you start getting into the 60-65 territory, which is more likely, it becomes pretty unlikely I think. Gotta remember that he also missed the first 5 games of the season.

Not considering Bergeron, Couturier should win, but I think Barkov likely would win.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
If it's 2 weeks he'll likely play 70 games, which is reasonable to still win. Once you start getting into the 60-65 territory, which is more likely, it becomes pretty unlikely I think. Gotta remember that he also missed the first 5 games of the season.

Not considering Bergeron, Couturier should win, but I think Barkov likely would win.
Barkov has zero advantage over coots. All numbers favor coots, reputation and longevity, coots. And market coots. Only two players i see getting it over coots is Bergeron and Kopitar, the latter only because reputation

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Barkov has zero advantage over coots. All numbers favor coots, reputation and longevity, coots. And market coots. Only two players i see getting it over coots is Bergeron and Kopitar, the latter only because reputation
I'm aware that Couturier should win it, I just think Barkov has a lot of buzz around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->