Selanne interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
hawker14 said:
selanne was one of the NHL's elite players, if not the eilte player.

during the '97-'98 season, Selanne scored 52 goals (led the league) and had 86 points (8th in the league) as basically a one man show.

kariya didn't play most of the season due to a contract dispute, and it's amazing what selanne accomplished on his own.

jagr had francis. selanne had no one. it still amazes me that selanne doesn't get the respect he deserves as being one of the best two, and at the very least, best five offensive players of his generation.

Its partially due to this site's infatuation with the youth of the game and notoriously short memories. Also, in large part its because he played in Winnipeg, and then for the Ducks, who get very little respect from fans in general. He was incredible during his prime. Its unfortunate not many seemed to notice just how great he was.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
hawker14 said:
yeah it can be. dig a little deeper though and you'll find the truth.

wirtz originally stated his luxury box revenues at $0, but since Levitt had the mandate to require all teams to account for "all" revenue streams, wirtz then submitted a figure.

as an accountant, i find it humourous that wirtz is given any credibility as to accurately or even remotely reporting luxury box revenues; same as jacobs, for that matter.

the fact remains the blackhawks originally reported $0 from luxury suite revenue. levitt's charge from the league required him to have figures for every revenue stream from every team in their URO's. so don't pat yourself on the back just because wirtz eventually submitted a figure. no figures in the levitt report were or have been audited.

notwithstanding, the levitt report is an unaudited report as it pertains to GAAP (generally accepted accounting procedures). he produced a report he was hired to do. - it has no substance as to accurately reporting the league's financial situation.

You keep repeating this "wirtz originally stated his luxury box revenues at $0" claim as gospel. Do you have any authoritative source to back that up. My reading is that that claim goes back to the now debunked (see the post gazette stort I quoted above) PA claim.

You seem to give the Levitt report very little creedence. Have you actually read it? Particulary the parts where Levitt's teams did their own benchmarking and analysis to independently check against the teams reported revenues from affiliated entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->