Seguin carrying team into postseason like Benn 2 yrs ago

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Of course I don’t mean just Seguin. Benn finally put a puck in the net, Pitlick has been a force, and the PK has been great. Don’t get me wrong I love Benn but Seguin is pushing us at the moment.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seguin is playing the best hockey of his career right now. He has been nothing short of outstanding lately. Hopefully if we make the playoffs he can keep this going

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Yeah totally agree. Seguin is on fire right now and seems to be our only consistent scoring threat.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Well he's only been the best player on the team for a few years now, so not unexpected

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I still don’t get how Boston managed to trade Seguin, Kessel and Thornton before their prime and still have a fan base.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Anyone else getting a little worried about the possibility that should Dallas miss the playoffs this year, will Seguin want to re-sign?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else getting a little worried about the possibility that should Dallas miss the playoffs this year, will Seguin want to re-sign?

If the money is there, Seguin is there imo. I think he loves it here, but I guess we never know for sure.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I'm a little worried, but not terribly so. I think he likes it here, I think if Nill finds a way to improve the roster again next year, he will stay. There is never a guarantee of playoff success, and if he feels like there is an organizational commitment, he would probably stay. Lastly, if they don't make it to the PO's, he has to realize as a team leader that maybe he had something to do with it, too. And, he may want another chance to make it right for Dallas and his team mates.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not if Lehtonen has anything to say about it.

Feel bad for Stars players, having that piece of hot garbage protecting the net.

He's fine as a backup goalie. Actually he was great as a backup goalie. Just our luck Bishop gets injured at this time of the season by our own player. Lehtonen can't play at all under pressure. At all. He is ridiculously nervous just constantly. With that being said, the depth scoring has been the biggest issue with this team for the past 20 games now almost.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
He's fine as a backup goalie. Actually he was great as a backup goalie. Just our luck Bishop gets injured at this time of the season by our own player. Lehtonen can't play at all under pressure. At all. He is ridiculously nervous just constantly. With that being said, the depth scoring has been the biggest issue with this team for the past 20 games now almost.
Exactly, Lehtonens biggest problem has always been pressure. When he needs to win a big game he gets nervous and plays worse. He's always been good when there's been no pressure, he was fantastic back when the stars weren't expected to win. The backup role is good for him, once he was asked to be the guy to carry the team to the playoffs he faultered. The issue is now you know that if Bishop ever gets injured, Lehtonen cant step in and play like when is playing the odd game.

Reactions: Kcb12345

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
As Nill likes to point out, the game before the STL game 7, Kari was spectacular in winning game 6. However, I don't disagree with the folds under pressure analysis. He has just rarely had the chance to play in pressure situations, almost a virtual rookie in big game 7's, and it shows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad