Sega Channel Appreciation Thread

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
200px-Sega_Channel.svg.png

Does anyone remember the Sega Channel?? I was a young child when I was tinkering around on my Sega, which was my first exposure to video gaming, but I can vividly remember the Sega Genesis as my first gaming memories.

Man this service was way ahead of its time. An online video game service in 1994? WOW!

If only they had released the Sega Channel a little bit earlier, online services for video games could have been started a lot sooner.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'd never wanted something I understood so little about in my 7 year-old life.
Man, it really was an incredible service. I was so bummed out whenever it was discontinued. Sega Channel is one of my fondest memories from my childhood.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I was very jealous of a neighbor that had it.
I wonder if you grew up in suburbs of Pittsburgh... A couple of my neighbors were super jealous of my family because we were the only ones on the block with it!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wonder if you grew up in suburbs of Pittsburgh... A couple of my neighbors were super jealous of my family because we were the only ones on the block with it!

I didn't, but all of the kids on the block used to go to the one house that had it. It gave me exposure to a bunch of games I wouldn't have otherwise played.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I didn't, but all of the kids on the block used to go to the one house that had it. It gave me exposure to a bunch of games I wouldn't have otherwise played.
Yeah man, it was way ahead of its time... Kind of like the first version of gamefly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad